Most Hated Attractions | Inside Universal Forums

Most Hated Attractions

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Galaxy Defender

V.I.P. Member
Oct 5, 2013
Atlanta, GA
What current ride or attraction do you hate most at each of the three Orlando theme parks? Feel free to do one for every park. Kids attractions don't count, otherwise we might all list Barney. :)

For those that have never posted or rarely post, please take a moment and let us know what you think.

For me
UO Fear Factor
Never seen it and still hate it. :saw:

WDW Tiki Room
The version with new management I enjoyed. The restored version I did once and will never do again. :ack:

SW Wild Artic Flight Simulator
Worst excuse ever for a simulator. :confused:

Last edited:
If we are doing one per resort...

UOR - Fear Factor
WDW - Stitch's Great Escape
SWO - Antarctica
DLR - Tomorrowland (It has it's good qualities, but there's just so much wasted space)
USH - Shrek

Reactions: tankart150
UO: Shrek. 'Nuff said.
IoA: This is a really hard one. I know most people are going to say Storm Force Accelerator or the drop tower. I'm going to say Jurassic Park. I'm a huge fan of the movie and the ride just doesn't do it justice. It's so close, but so, so very far. Plus, it's a totally unnecessary water ride for the park.

MK: Stitch. It seems like it has so much potential :(
HS: Backlot Tour. Such a dated waste.

(Haven't been to Epcot or AK in a really long time!)

Here's mine:

MK: Stitch
Epcot: Finding Nemo (This may change after I ride Frozen)
DHS: Beauty & the Beast show
DAK: Finding Nemo musical

USF: Shrek
IOA: Sinbad show

SW: Manta

Last edited:
I originally picked the properties in general because there are a few rides and attractions I truly hate. But have at it for each park. At some point I will go through and do a tally of the end results once the thread winds down.

Here's mine:

Epcot: Finding Nemo (This may change after I ride Frozen)
DHS: Beauty & the Beast show
DAK: Kali River Rapids

USF: Shrek
IOA: Sinbad show

SW: Manta
You find Nemo worse than Primeval Whirl? The show may not be the best, but at least it was something original, they took a chance, and they worked with a strong team (the team that did Frozen) for the lyrics. The amount of creativity that they put into this automatically puts it above an off the shelf coaster, even if the show isn't as good as we may hope it to be.

Reactions: jtsalien and Clive
In person:
USH: Animal Actors.
DL: Autopia
DCA: The entirety of Bugs Land
SWSD: Wild Artic

On video (As I've not been to Orlando, but have lots of knowledge thanks to you all):
USF: Fear Factor
IOA: Sinbad
Epcot: All of the 360 theatre "attractions"
DHS: TLM/BatB
AK: Primeval Whirl
SWO: Wild Artic

Keeping in mind, I have not been to Orlando, that's my list in domestic terms..

You find Nemo worse than Primeval Whirl? The show may not be the best, but at least it was something original, they took a chance, and they worked with a strong team (the team that did Frozen) for the lyrics. The amount of creativity that they put into this automatically puts it above an off the shelf coaster, even if the show isn't as good as we may hope it to be.
I was talking about the ride at Epcot, but I totally forgot about the show. I think I may have to go back and change my DAK answer. Primeval Whirl is far from my most hated, it's a fairly fun ride and I like the way it's a spoof of CTX.

MK: Tomorrowland Speedway. If I want to drive around with a-holes, I'll just get back on I-4.
EPCOT: Journey To Imagination. Or, Journey To Disney's Imagination Graveyard.
HS: Great Movie Ride. It's great at keeping you cool for 20 minutes and putting you to sleep.
AK: Dinosaur! Hey, let's just turn off half the lights inside so tourists don't see how bad this attraction sucks.

SWO: Antarctica. It's trackless AND brainless!
BGT: Scorpion. BG's answer to a theme park chiropractor.

UOR: Shrek. Wait...didn't I already see this crap on YouTube??
IOA: Poseidon's Fury. Strictly for nerds who thought MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE was the greatest film of the 80's.

MK: Stitch, less than luke warm about Jungle Cruise, but I don't quite hate it, Alice Tea Cups
DHS: Frozen show
AK: All of Dino Land excluding Dinosaurs attraction. , Nemo show

I was talking about the ride at Epcot, but I totally forgot about the show. I think I may have to go back and change my DAK answer. Primeval Whirl is far from my most hated, it's a fairly fun ride and I like the way it's a spoof of CTX.
Ah, I misread that. Still disagree on putting anything above Primeval Whirl :lol:

Ah, I misread that. Still disagree on putting anything above Primeval Whirl :lol:
I'm glad you mentioned it though. I completely forgot about the Nemo musical, I think I truly wish it didn't exist and just don't even think about it. It's probably my top most hated for all of WDW.

I'm glad you mentioned it though. I completely forgot about the Nemo musical, I think I truly wish it didn't exist and just don't even think about it. It's probably my top most hated for all of WDW.
To me, it's not even my most hated musical. As someone who has spent a lot of my life doing theatre, I can at least appreciate the work that went into it, the puppetry and the live singing. Festival of the LK is the only other show on WDW property where they actually sing live I believe. To me, both Mermaid and BatB are abominations, but I dislike BatB more. At least Mermaid has the puppetry going for it.

Ok. Now I want to do a full list.

USF Fear Factor
IOA Storm Force
SW Wild Artic Simulator
MK Tiki Room
AK Primeval Whirl
EPCOT Impressions of France
DHS Streetmoshere performers

I'm shocked with the Nemo musical hate. I personally find it the single best show in the resort and a huge justifier of buying a ticket to AK.

(Granted, never seen FotLK or most of the other entertainment in the resort)
Only good thing was the AC, otherwise I much preferred Tarzan.

Not the best, but it's a great movie! Posiedon's Fury is one of my favorite IOA attractions (especially the original version) so you may be onto something with that theory.
Totally. MASTERS director Gary Goddard was brought in to revamp the original attraction. He's responsible for that godawful Darkanon character. His wife, actress Christina Pickles also appears as the woman above the door before you enter the water vortex. Was so appalled by how the trashed the original storyline that I wrote a scathing review of it, only to get into an email fight with Goddard himself! In the end, we both agreed to disagree over the changes. Interesting times...

Reactions: UNIrd and s8film40
From personal experience:

IoA: Seuss Trolley
MK: JoTLM
EPCOT: UoE
DHS:BaTB show
AK: Anything in Dinorama
USH: Animal Actors
DL: Autotopia
DCA: All of Radiator Springs minus the racers
USS: Puss in boots