Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Motiongate Dubai

Jan 10, 2013
No man's land: SoCal
No thread on this yet? I'm gonna fix that now. 

The park has opened with some of the rides open. While there is some nice theming here and there, you can tell they definitely cut corners. Three of the Dark rides opened. Hotel Trensylvania, Ghostbusters, and the Smurfs. And guess what? They suck. Even worse, the trackless tech is almost useless on those rides. 

Robert Niles tour:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/25mLecRLu_g?feature=oembed

Ugh, could you imagine how amazing Universal would make a Ghostbusters ride? Someday I hope Uni gives this IP a shot. I can only dream. :/ This is such a HORRIBLE execution of a pipe-dream ride for me. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, saying they suck is an understatement. So much hype for this park and it's a huge bummer... pass... 

Last edited by a moderator:
With a few exceptions, international parks usually promise a big game without delivering. Those that aren't backed by Universal or Disney are especially mixed at best, with a shiny facade covering some serious flaws behind the scenes. 

Even Universal Studios Singapore has some serious operational problems in spite of being one of the most cohesive Universal-studio parks. 

It's a shame, but I think many are realizing that theme parks require more than a nice facade and buildings. Maintianence and operations are tough to build up without any prior experience, and I think a lot of these international operators are operating above their skill set. 

Look at that wasted potential... wow. It feels like these rides were specifically made to look good in still, specific pictures and that's it.

Apparently even taking into the cheap, rushed nature of Dubai Park's immediate want for grandeur, the studios involved at Motiongate have a hand in it for quality control, representation, etc. The DWA building isn't finished yet but may be much better. So now we know that Sony also sucks at the theme park business along with everything else. Go figure.

A "Peeta's Bakery" food stand with a Carrier AC Unit on top that they didn't even try to hide. Woof

They should rename the park, and all those other new parks there, to "Ghost Town 1","Ghost Town 2", "Ghost Down 3" etc. No one goes to those parks.

The park is not doing well. Not making anywhere near its aimed attendance projections.

Yeeup, Andrew Hyde was literally asked how were the crowds, and this was his response.

With a statement like that, is it any wonder the Six Flags park for that complex has been put on hold to figure out what to do with it? He also reported that he's 99.9% sure nothing has been done to the Six Flags Dubai site for 6 months, and he expects them to announce it's cancellation any day now.

The group who owns and operates WB Dhabi, does not own the Motiongate/LEGOland/Bollywood theme parks (but the group that does, owns and operates Ferrari World Dhabi, Yas Waterworld, and the in the works SeaWorld Dhabi park project).

Why even discuss these parks. No one goes to any of them. Total bust.

Well, in some ways; it may be interesting to discuss for one reason: They have recently approved plans to take the attractions from the now cancelled Six Flags Dhabi project, and placing them into both Bollywood and Motiongate.

They are at-least trying to do something, unlike IMG.