MoviePass | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

MoviePass

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mean....if its cheap enough I'll just get it.

When Moviepass came out you could literally just go to a machine and get a ticket and rewards for AMC. So I was basically getting paid to watch movies...lol

Reactions: MrBlonde
You've gotta be kidding me.

I'll give them that the name now has some brand equity they can ring from it, but beyond that, what is there? Virtually every chain has their equivalent program and movie theater attendance isn't back yet either. Are they really going to be throwing investors' money away on a pipe dream as theaters laughingly take their money???

It’s possible they will try to use the weak theatrical market to their advantage. There’s a lot of people that would normally be going to the movies that aren’t currently. But for it to have any chance of success, it has to be priced at a price point where they aren’t just giving away free movies.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Sorry about the double post, but I saw an article in Variety and found it interesting that it seems the MoviePass name/brand may have been sold? The countdown is on moviepass.ventures whereas moviepass.com, the proper website, still displays the message about them going out of business.

Here's an article about the situation. Former CEO Mitch Lowe said “I have no idea. It has nothing to do with me.”

giphy.gif

I’ll believe it when I see it

what theater would work with this and how would it be as cheap for people to care even if they did re launch

I’ll bet money this never launches.

MoviePass got the chains to launch their own programs and I love that. But, unless you own the theaters, you can’t make the numbers work. No amount of advertising or data nonsense is going to change that’s

It will be interesting to see how this turns out...I know I got not only my money's worth but some months made money on Moviepass.....so I can't say a badthing about it back int he day.

The new version seems to be crap, wont be used a AMC/Regal and pretty sure you'll HAVE to watch ads and pay.

It will be interesting to see how this turns out...I know I got not only my money's worth but some months made money on Moviepass.....so I can't say a badthing about it back int he day.

The new version seems to be crap, wont be used a AMC/Regal and pretty sure you'll HAVE to watch ads and pay.
I won't be surprised if the execs get prison time, tbh. They were running a (bad) pyramid scheme and skimping money.

I won't be surprised if the execs get prison time, tbh. They were running a (bad) pyramid scheme and skimping money.
He will get get sentences to years and be out within three months

He has money to greese the wheels of justice