Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Movies Anywhere

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Officially announced, Movies Anywhere; owned by a Disney Affiliate, will be housing a new way to watch content digitally. Warner Brothers, Universal, Sony, Fox, and Disney have all agreed to work together on this, along with talks for Paramount going; as they have now launched today.

Hollywood studios join Disney to launch Movies Anywhere digital locker service - The Verge

Welcome | Movies Anywhere

Will you be giving this a try? Or are you going to wait? Comment Below!

I don't see the point of it unless I'm misreading. It's not a subscription service, so you still have to buy content. If you are buying movies online already, you probably are using a single provider, so you have everything in one place already. For example you can stream your itunes movies on any device you can log into itunes on. So if it's just about consolidating your purchases, how big of a need is there really for it? Also, will it allow you to store movies from studios that aren't part of this? And is it backwards compatible so if you buy a movie on there, can you bring it up in itunes or is it stuck only on their app? Too many questions and just not enough appeal to me.

As I'm still one of those who enjoys having a physical media library, and rarely streams movies, I have no use for this! I could see the appeal for somebody who has an extensive digital library spread across several services, though.

As someone who is starting to change to go more digital due to ease; I am fully supporting this. More-so to me; on that I find digital products to be more useful and that I don't have to do a series of tasks to do one thing that could be simply done via something like this.