Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pixar Place

Seems like it’s just an addition to add capacity to the park at this point, but hopefully we see a ride added someday down the line. Animation courtyard is begging for a complete redo.
Animation has always been a very odd design in my opinion...Hopefully we get something Incredibles related

Umm.. can we get Jack Jack Cookie Num Num?

980x.png

Started today, ends in August:

Edna Mode M&G actually looks really good:

Very temporary, as expected. But we did get the num num cookie.

That last video is cringeworthy. Trying so hard to get people to dance, then at the end: "Come on everybody... Dance!!!"

Lady... theres no F'n music!
Not gonna lie it’s cringeworthy, but I don’t expect media to be gung ho about a dance party at 9am (it was media only at that time).

This comes across as very cheap and shallow. Was not expecting a whole lot, honestly, but it seems like they had more going on with the Tomorrowland event last year, with more photo opportunities.

Also really wish they would have built a canopy over the street, to keep the dance party out of the sun/rain. I’m okay if they want to keep the street as a revolving “event area,” like how they’ve been using the M&G at One Man’s Dream, with a new theme every year. I could see it fitting a number of new films coming up (Artemis Fowl, for example).

For a street with a merch location, Food/Beverage stand, indoor M&G, plus space for a dance party or additional M&G... I’d be OK if that was the plan going forward. It’s a nice bonus, but nothing you’d need s special trip; nothing “must-see.”

This comes across as very cheap and shallow. Was not expecting a whole lot, honestly, but it seems like they had more going on with the Tomorrowland event last year, with more photo opportunities.

Also really wish they would have built a canopy over the street, to keep the dance party out of the sun/rain. I’m okay if they want to keep the street as a revolving “event area,” like how they’ve been using the M&G at One Man’s Dream, with a new theme every year. I could see it fitting a number of new films coming up (Artemis Fowl, for example).

For a street with a merch location, Food/Beverage stand, indoor M&G, plus space for a dance party or additional M&G... I’d be OK if that was the plan going forward. It’s a nice bonus, but nothing you’d need s special trip; nothing “must-see.”
To me, it comes across as the cheapest way possible to promote Incredibles as being in the park while in turn making money off of F&B and Incredibles merch.

I agree the area, especially with the indoor M&G and F&B location works as an event area like this for pretty much any situation.

Hopefully Incredibles gets a ride like they deserve soon, though.

So...we got another case of Pixar Pier, where things are being added as they go.

How about they keep adding bits until we get a ride?!? ;)

I still really want to see that Kuka arm incredibles ride they had planned at one stage, is the Universal Kuka arm contract still in place I wonder? Or can anyone have them now?

Sounds like the story with Frozen when it first was a hit. Disney didn't plan on it and just kept winging it with so so stuff. Seems this is somewhat similar, even though they should have known since the first Incredibles was so successful.