My Orlando Holiday Begins | Inside Universal Forums

My Orlando Holiday Begins

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 7, 2010
Belfast, UK
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say I won't be around these boards for a good while now, tomorrow morning I fly out with Virgin Atlantic from Manchester to MCO for my three week holiday. :happy:

I really can't wait, I may lurk if I get a chance on these boards to see if any news on Despicable Me/Discovery Cove's Freshwater Oasis. May see some of you guys there, but yeah that's it!

Can't wait - even looking forward to the 17 hours travelling :rofl:

17 hours 1 way???

From London Gatwick to Orlando its a nine hour flight one way and thats direct. So either he is talking about round trip or he got one hell of a layover :lol: Speaking of 17 hours my sister was just on a flight from Shanghai :wave: to Detroit, then Detroit to Atlanta, and finally Atlanta to Orlando... Total trip time was over 30 hours... The flight from Shanghai to Detroit alone was like 16 hours or so.:confused:

Yeah the total time we left at 2am to get to Belfast city airport and got in at 8pm uk time so about 3pm Orlando time severely tired but hitting magic kingdom tomorrow

Hey guys just got back today and I am shattered. Had such a great time and got to ride Minion Mayhem four times so I am chuffed with that, anyways I'll summarise the highlights of our days as there is so many.

Monday - Flights - one of the scariest landings I've ever experienced with the orlando storms at the time, the plane had to suddenly pull back up after an attempt at landing.
Tuesday - Shopping day at the outlets on I-Drive, disappointed that the UOR outlet was closed at festival bay mall, but I spent far too much money.
Wednesday - Magic Kingdom day, arrived early and got round the entire park - absolutely killed me though
Thursday - Hollywood studios - easily best disney day for me. Loved the new star tours, I was completely blown away and was the rebel spy :lol:
Friday - Animal Kingdom - great day overall.
Saturday - Epcot - Our least favourite park, but with Test Track closed we were done pretty good which was a good relief.
Sunday - Spent shopping/lounging at pool.

Monday - Discovery Cove - easiest the best day of my holiday (it always is though).
Tuesday - Universal Studios - cinematic night show was amazing!
Wednesday - Sea World - loved one ocean thought it was a great improvement on Believe.
Thursday - Islands - Brought too much merchandise!
Friday - We were suppose to go too Aquatica but it stormed really badly so we just relaxed and hit Prometheus in IMAX 3-D.
Saturday - We went to Busch Gardens - great day apart from bus journey back.
Sunday - Universal/Islands day done both parks and didn't realise FJ had a single rider queue (rode it three times)

Monday - Aquatica - was my fiancée's birthday we ended up heading to Drive in mini-golf after. She beat me shamefully (I let her win is my excuse). Thought both courses were great!
Tuesday - Relax day/Last of the shopping
Wednesday - Sea World
Thursday - Universal/Islands
Friday - Relax day
Saturday - Sea World
Sunday - Islands/Uni
Monday - Travelling :'(

Tried to keep this brief as possible and if you are still reading this kudos to you :thumbs:.

But we have planned to go back in either May or August 2014 if WWOHP 2.0 is opened and we plan to get married in the first week as well :happy:

Well there go's 15K :lol:

Amazing trip! Gotta admit I am jealous and I live here. Any pictures to share???

I know tell me about it :lol: Hoping to get it cheaper for 2014, totally depressed at the moment. Will upload some pictures when i get a chance. Got to go to work now :'(