My Stay at Polynesian | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

My Stay at Polynesian

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dunno about the rest of ya, but I'm staying heah...

from @touringplans

[video=youtube;PlxjEU5Vdyc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlxjEU5Vdyc[/video]

Stayed there for the 4th of July 2 years ago. Great hotel. Crappy parking situation.

I used to never stay "on site" as I felt the hotel prices were always crazy. I mean you could typically get a 3 bedroom condo down the road for the price of their "moderate" hotels. Now that the fast pass reservations are tied to your hotel, it makes staying on site almost mandatory.
The polynesian was my absolute favorite hotel as a kid. I have endless memories of visiting there. However, I have never taken my own daighter there due to the shear expense. We now either stay at a value like Art of Animation, or one of the cheaper Port Orleans hotels.
The best trips we've had were actually at the Campgrounds, as it's a camping trip mixed with disney...and it's also much cheaper. Though, I understand that may not be for "everyone"

I would be REALLY pissed if I spent that kind of money had that type of expereince. How much was the room $500 a night?

Stayed there for the 4th of July 2 years ago. Great hotel. Crappy parking situation.

From what I've read the car park is just miles from the entrances?

Been considering this one as you can just walk over the road and borrow Downtown Disney Transport buses, but seeing mixed reviews on cleanliness and groups of kids dominating the quiet parts during large events!

I kind of see both, points, but I will say that when I worked for the resorts the front desk was ENCOURAGED to comp a night as a form of recovery. There were other methods of recovery, but management pushed a comped night, which speaks volumes and correlates to what some of Disneyhead says.

I kind of see both, points, but I will say that when I worked for the resorts the front desk was ENCOURAGED to comp a night as a form of recovery. There were other methods of recovery, but management pushed a comped night, which speaks volumes and correlates to what some of Disneyhead says.

Welp!

:lol:

I mean, if this was a once a year vacay... I probably would have been a little more vocal about it. But Orlando is just another trip to me so.... I'm ok. :lol:

OK, this is the kind of thing I have spent some time studying the past four years...

Yes, a comp night is a way to increase revenues, but EVERYTHING in the hospitality business is. Its not surprising to me to see the cynical ones being the vocal Disney opponents because the fact is, this is something of an industry standard so only haters are going to view it as a negative...no offense but thats just the way it is.

The alternative to a comp stay? I mean, what would have been a better option? Free tickets? More comp nights? You run into the same problem. Gift basket? Gift card? I mean, what really would have been better than a comp room or even matching in value? Thats the best win-win for both parties.

Even something as simple as a well-thought-out apology is a means of generating revenue; it's good will that will (hopefully) encourage you to give them another chance. The worst thing they could have done here is nothing, and they definitely didnt do that.

BriMan, this is not directed at you by the way...it's just a little bit of perspective on the issue

Last edited: