Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Walt Disney World Tech News & Discussion- Magic Bands, Genie+, and more

They used to handle it in the same manner Universal currently does. Which allows UOR to have actual "slow" times as they aren't as efficient with their real-time staffing and projections (luckily).
UORs staffing and projections don't come from where I think you think they come from. They come from tickets bought in advance and hotel occupancy percentage (along with partner hotels giving info on how busy they are).

Staffing is almost always sufficient at UOR these days and many times they actually have an over abundance of it, but those reasons are for completely different reason than that of crowds. The financial guys who set budgets every year look at how many hours were allocated per certain days and how many they used. If all were not used (say they let people go home early because the job had been completed for the day), then they will give the departments less hours to work with for staffing in the budgets the following year. This particularly pertains to Mardi Gras Concert nights, Grad Bash, HHN, etc.

So in that respect, yes, the way they allocate the budget for staffing is very stupid, but it works it helps TMs more than it hurts because the management team is careful not to lose those budgeted hours.

I actually like MM+ and Magic Bands, I'm just not a fan of the current FP+ system. It's needs to be completely redesigned.

I couldn't care less if Disney made a profit off of it.
This is where i'm at. I like pretty much all portions of MM+ except for FP+. I do love being able to get a FP on my phone, but it's the whole "being able to" part that ruins the system for me. The rides I actually want to get a FP for are incredibly hard to get. I do eventually find some FP's, but only after stalking the app for wayyyyyy too long.

I just think they need to make fast pass even more limited or behind a paywall. If you have to Book a whole week vacation already, then it becomes impossible for most people in the first place.

Instead Disney has gone the opposite route by including even more hotels in fast pass plus. At this point it will become even harder to get fast pass for daily visitors.

Man allegedly stole Disney Magic Band during burglary, then rode Buzz Lightyear, police say - News - The Palm Beach Post - West Palm Beach, FL

Here's a little humor to get you through the day...apparently somebody stole a Magic Band during a burglary and used it to get into Magic Kingdom and ride Buzz Lightyear.
Just an update, that man is not in any way related to the crime in question. It would seem the Disney app/site has glitched, as it often does, showing someone else's ride photo on their account — which led them to believe someone was using their Magicband. This poor guy in the photo is completely unrelated to any of this, and the Winter Park PD issued a statement.

Well shoot Alicia, you don't miss a thing!! I guess that takes the humor out of it. :whistle:
I was actually interviewed for comments on what to do when you lose your Magicband by Fox35 for a piece tonight... After seeing the PD issue the statement I called Fox up to make sure they were killing the story lol. Poor guy.

If you see anyone still posting this story, please contact the editor, or leave a comment with the link to the tweet from the PD above. I feel so bad for him.

They've pretty much realized that MagicBands are the new Pins... and are thinking "why should we hand them out free"? Especialy when people's smartphones can do the job for free. The amount of money they must've lost by sending these out with every booked vacation initially must've been ridiculous. I have enough MagicBands to last a lifetime.

They've pretty much realized that MagicBands are the new Pins... and are thinking "why should we hand them out free"? Especialy when people's smartphones can do the job for free. The amount of money they must've lost by sending these out with every booked vacation initially must've been ridiculous. I have enough MagicBands to last a lifetime.

Also A LOT of planned, designed, and built in tech for MagicBands are just not used in the Disney parks. Tons of wasted money throughout this whole program.

The MagicBand change shifts it to a cost of shipping when people book vacations to now a pure profit center. Those things are just a RFID tag and some plastic anyway, so any sales that come in post shift to the app are pure profit.

The MagicBand change shifts it to a cost of shipping when people book vacations to now a pure profit center. Those things are just a RFID tag and some plastic anyway, so any sales that come in post shift to the app are pure profit.
Maybe the price has gone down, but last I knew they cost around $7 to produce. Giving them away was incredibly poor finance management.

Actually no.