Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mythos Thoughts?

Aug 25, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Hi everyone. I've been going to IOA for years, but have never eaten at Mythos. I know it had been considered a top rated theme park restaurant in the past, but given some of the newer restaurants in the park, would you still recommend trying it? Heading down for the Celebration of Harry Potter in a few weeks and will have 3 days at the parks, so plenty of time for a sit down meal.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the type-o in the subject, meant to type "Mythos" and not sure how to correct.

We love it. Best food in the parks and excellent ambiance. The mushroom soup is fantastic. It's generally busy, even during slow days, so it's good to call for a reservation a day or two before you plan on eating there.

We love it. Best food in the parks and excellent ambiance. The mushroom soup is fantastic. It's generally busy, even during slow days, so it's good to call for a reservation a day or two before you plan on eating there.

Does US have a restaurant like Mythos? I don't believe I have ever heard anyone speak of such a place. If not, why not?

Mythos is hands down the best restaurant in the parks. Food, ambiance, everything.

I've only eaten at lombard's once but agree on underwhelming and will add overpriced

I personally think mythos is pretty overrated but it's not bad by any means of the word. Definitely check it out if you want something other than the usual pizza and burger, you won't regret it

Its a great venue with one of the best views, looking out towards Marvel and toon town. I think its well worth it and we eat there once every visit. That being said, my favorite restaurant in either park in Finnegans. We usually eat there 2-3 times every visit. Of course it might be because of the Guinness.

When you go to Mythos, ask for a seat near the window. They also have a synopsis on the menu of the design of the building.

Mythos is good, but it's not Top Theme Park Restaurant or even the best place to eat in that park IMHO. Highly overrated simply because of that damn banner.

I just realized that I've never heard of Lombards and don't know where it is! I DO know where Finnegans is--it's a fun place to hang out, and after 5 years of going to UOR, I have never set foot in Mythos or the Three Broomsticks. I'm a creature of habit and now generally find myself eating in Springfield. I intend to change that on my next visit for HHN this year.

Mythos is good, but it's not Top Theme Park Restaurant or even the best place to eat in that park IMHO. Highly overrated simply because of that damn banner.

This is true. The banner is a bit misleading. It hasn't been best theme park restaurant since 2008."Rated #1 Themepark restaurant by Themepark Insider for 6 consecutive years" more like "We've been rated #1, just not in the past 7 years."

Anyone know why Mythos is closed the entire first week of May? (According to the reservation link on the Universal site)