National Treasure 3 & Disney+ Series | Inside Universal Forums

National Treasure 3 & Disney+ Series

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I enjoyed the first two, but Nic Cage has sort of become a cinematic joke so I do wonder if the audience will be there again for a third installment.

• Haha
Reactions: TheGentTrent
So this isn't happening as a movie, but as a series at Disney+. Not sure of Nic Cage's involvement, if at all.

I was under the impression they were doing both a series and a new movie. Maybe they dropped the movie?

I was under the impression they were doing both a series and a new movie. Maybe they dropped the movie?
No, you’re right, at least as of May Bruckheimer was still talking about a third movie while the series was mentioned in the same article.

We can talk about the film in here if there’s any news as it’s looking like the series will beat a movie to release anyway.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Justin Bartha is reprising his role from the National Treasure films in the new series, so there is some connection between the movies and the show. If Nic Cage ends up in the show in some capacity, I think this series can be looked at as National Treasure 2.5 and if National Treasure 3 ever gets off the ground, i'd expect characters from the TV series to show up in the movie.

Reactions: SeventyOne