Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

NBC Sports Grill & Brew (USH)

We were at the park last night, and oddly, Howl at the moon looked as if it were about to open. It was fully light, there were two bartenders inside and some security, it appears as if all the furniture/chairs/tables/pianos were all still in place, and about 8 guests were lined up outside. This was approximately 7pm. I thought it was already supposed to be closed? I'm quite confused.

That said, Tony Roma's below looks relatively torn up in comparison. But HatM seemed open for business. Was it a one time only special event, or is closing later on?

We were at the park last night, and oddly, Howl at the moon looked as if it were about to open. It was fully light, there were two bartenders inside and some security, it appears as if all the furniture/chairs/tables/pianos were all still in place, and about 8 guests were lined up outside. This was approximately 7pm. I thought it was already supposed to be closed? I'm quite confused.

That said, Tony Roma's below looks relatively torn up in comparison. But HatM seemed open for business. Was it a one time only special event, or is closing later on?

Pretty sure they're open through this weekend.

Howl is in no rush to be removed as it's rumored to be replaced by park offices next year and not another CityWalk offering. It's possible that staff from the new HW Blvd location can be transplanted to the CityWalk location for special events every now and then until they decide to gut it. Just a guess.

According to their website, they're not moving to Hollywood Blvd. until this Thursday, Nov 14 so looks like they may have still been in business at CityWalk this past weekend.

Live Music Bar | Hollywood Nightlife | Party Venue | Event Space | Howl at the Moon

Also, if you can make it for their grand opening sneak peek, looks like they have a pretty decent offer.
  • Free Admission
  • Two $1 Drinks
  • $1 Coors Light & PBR
  • $4 Jack Daniels
  • $4 Skyy Vodka
Howl at the Moon's Grand Opening Sneak Peek! Tickets, Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 8:00 PM | Eventbrite

Interesting.

^^I thought that there was speculation that Tony & Howl would be combined to make a giant, 2 story NBC Grill. Anyone know more? Or will the second story just be built into the Tony space? It almost seems there'd be room for it.

Honestly, and it may sound funny coming from me--but I actually kind of dig that of the smaller screen. Add something to the side's of those (as there are poles jutting out on both sides of the curved monitor, and it'd make a bit of sense for that location. Also allows the balcony to have a kickin view of CityLoft.

I'll admit I did not see them getting that done so fast. Of course, not that it matters until first-party Citywalk locations reopen...

I wonder why they're just leaving this place built and ready, but not operating. They can at least get some people back to work and utilize their outdoor seating for the time being. Everyday the eatery sits there unopened is money lost.

The outdoor seating options they have look really limited... about 10 tables, total (including some tables only for two). That ain't goinna cover operating costs.

All the nearby space is currently being used by both Johnny Rockets and Antojitos. Not really worth opening, IMO.

This place was designed and built before our current crisis.

One of the biggest issues right now for all businesses is training. Current guidelines are that people can't be in close proximity required for so much training for more than a few minutes even with face coverings and face shields. You can't train a restaurant staff remotely, there's a lot of hands on which may not be able to happen currently.

The outdoor seating options they have look really limited... about 10 tables, total (including some tables only for two). That ain't goinna cover operating costs.

All the nearby space is currently being used by both Johnny Rockets and Antojitos. Not really worth opening, IMO.

This place was designed and built before our current crisis.

Yeah, I was aware that it was built and planned pre-pandemic and that their outside space was being used by other restaurants. I didn't know there were only 10 tables though. Guess it kinda makes sense.

One of the biggest issues right now for all businesses is training. Current guidelines are that people can't be in close proximity required for so much training for more than a few minutes even with face coverings and face shields. You can't train a restaurant staff remotely, there's a lot of hands on which may not be able to happen currently.

Right. I didn't think of the training part. You can't remote-train that kinda stuff.

^ Not really-- NBC Sports includes all sports coverage on all their networks and services. Just because a dedicated channel is going away doesn't mean the name or idea will.