Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Need advice for Dec 30th trip

Jun 23, 2015
I would never have voluntarily chosen to go on this day, but our family bought Gold Passes from Costco for 2018, and the first use for the passes needs to be no later than Dec. 31st, and there's just no other day we can all make it.

It's hard not to imagine it's best to arrive extra early, but what are some other strategies for dealing with the crowds? Would it be better to avoid the parking garages entirely, and instead take the Metro Red Line and walk up the hill instead of waiting for the shuttle tram?

I think we'd like to: take the studio tram tour, walk around Hogsmeade and the Harry Potter ride, see the holiday decorations and some shows if possible. The nighttime show on Hogwarts Castle is also something we'd like to see, but not a deal breaker.

I'd appreciate any general or specific advice on how to best manage visiting that day. Thanks in advance!