Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Need advice on upcoming Thanksgiving week trip

Nov 8, 2018
We are heading to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure the first part of Thanksgiving week. While we intended to just spend 2 days in the parks, their promotion of buy 2 days, get 2 days free, has us with 4 potential days at Universal and Islands of Adventure.

We will be arriving on Sunday so may be able to go to a park in the evening. On Monday, we will have all day and be staying at an on-site hotel (without Express Pass). We will also have all of Tuesday and Wednesday (with the Express Pass).

I'm having issues planning what to do since our first full day, when we'd normally be all excited to do everything, is the day we don't have the Express Pass. Should we plan on going first thing in the morning and then when things get busy leave and hang at the hotel pool? Should we go on less popular rides the first day and see shows? I'm just not sure.

Other info: We are a family of 4 (kids 8 & 10). As hard as I've tried the kids are only moderate Harry Potter fans. Our tickets are for a single park per day.

Thanks!

Since you have Express the other days, I wouldn't worry about it too much on that day. Maybe use that day to take in some show, see Grinchmas, Holiday Parade, etc. Things that you don't need Express for anyway. If you want to hang by the hotel that day I don't think it would be an issue as you'll easily be able to get everything done in the other days since you have Express.