Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Netflix

I can probably do without Netflix, but I need HBOMax along with Hulu to pair with Disney+. Disney+ is great, but I need adult content as well and Disney+ won’t be giving me anything over PG-13.

For sure. I already get HBO through Comcast. I believe I saw somewhere that Hulu will be the exclusive home of FX content. Overall I’ve seen a decline in the amount of content that interest me coming from Netflix.

6 Underground released today. Planning on watching it tonight as a fun follow up to some dramas after just watching Marriage Story and The Irishman. RT score is really low at 38% though.

6 Underground released today. Planning on watching it tonight as a fun follow up to some dramas after just watching Marriage Story and The Irishman. RT score is really low at 38% though.

About par for a Bay movie. It'll probably still be entertaining enough.

Tough start to the new year for Netflix with them losing both Friends and The Office - two of the most watched shows on the service - for them to make the move to competitor streaming services in a few months.

Tough start to the new year for Netflix with them losing both Friends and The Office - two of the most watched shows on the service - for them to make the move to competitor streaming services in a few months.

They have the office at least for most of this year at least despite losing Friends being off the service now. But I think people forget Netflix is watched in over 158 countries with the Office being only available on Netflix in US and Canada and Netflix still retains Friends rights overseas. So I'm not overly concerned.

Also looking at the list of popular Netflix programing around the world, they should be fine without it.
Netflix Reveals Most Popular International Titles – Deadline

They have the office at least for most of this year at least despite losing Friends being off the service now. But I think people forget Netflix is watched in over 158 countries with the Office being only available on Netflix in US and Canada and Netflix still retains Friends rights overseas. So I'm not overly concerned.

Also looking at the list of popular Netflix programing around the world, they should be fine without it.
Netflix Reveals Most Popular International Titles – Deadline
Friends and The Office are still insanely popular in the US, which is where I think they will see slippage. They’re very mature in North America, but with incoming competition eating at their popular content, it could cause them to lose subscribers for a bit until the dust settles in the streaming wars.

Oh yeah, their content is great, but they just aren’t the only game in town anymore, so them losing subs is actually quite natural.
Oh ya I totally get why they’re going to. If they can continue to make 4-5 Oscar quality films a year and try new things and push boundaries like they have in some ways, I’m all for the service at its current price point. Saying all this having not even seen Marriage Story and The Irishmen yet!

Oh ya I totally get why they’re going to. If they can continue to make 4-5 Oscar quality films a year and try new things and push boundaries like they have in some ways, I’m all for the service at its current price point. Saying all this having not even seen Marriage Story and The Irishmen yet!
Both were great, but especially Marriage Story.

Last edited:
Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts Review: Delightful and Fun

I didn't see the full season like this reviewer but I've seen two episodes

The show is so fun and colorful. And the soundtrack is great as seen by this soundtrack someone found after shazaming the songs in the show.
Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts Playlist, a playlist by Beth Elderkin on Spotify

As a fan of the graphic novel, this looks pretty good as well

Anything with Joe Hill's name on it is an automatic recommend.

Okay Kipo and the age of the wonderbeasts is for sure 100% Dreamworks best made show. I mean it put on par with all the DIsney animated shows. Episode 7 alone make its a masterpiece. The soundtrack, the voice acting, the complexity of the story is beautiful.

Dan Stevens as an evil baboon makes things so much better the jazzxercising 80s based raccoons and Joan Jett scene was great.

Last edited:
Netflix's audience metric, which is not verified by a third party, now counts a viewer as someone who watches at least 2 minutes of a film or show.

this takes gaslighting to a new level

Netflix's audience metric, which is not verified by a third party, now counts a viewer as someone who watches at least 2 minutes of a film or show.

this takes gaslighting to a new level
I could understand 10-15 minutes as a metric by that point you've dedicated yourself to the film. But 2 minutes? I put on crappy movies or shows sometimes for a few minutes and never again. I didn't "watch" it though. It takes a good 5 minutes for me to decide if i'm in or out on a streaming movie sometimes.

Netflix has earned the right's to develop an adaptation of a shonen icon--One Piece.

The adaptation of One Piece, will be developed at Tomorrow Studios, and will be showrunned by Matt Owens (Marvel Netflix Shows) and Steven Madea (X-Files, CSI Miami, and more). Eiichiro Oda will be overseeing the project as executive producer, as rumors have pecked the first season to be budgeted at around 9-10 Million per episode.

Tomorrow Studios is also involved in the Cowboy Bebop project; which has gone into technical issues as it began production due to an on-set injury to one of the main lead's.

Netflix has earned the right's to develop an adaptation of a shonen icon--One Piece.

The adaptation of One Piece, will be developed at Tomorrow Studios, and will be showrunned by Matt Owens (Marvel Netflix Shows) and Steven Madea (X-Files, CSI Miami, and more). Eiichiro Oda will be overseeing the project as executive producer, as rumors have pecked the first season to be budgeted at around 9-10 Million per episode.

Tomorrow Studios is also involved in the Cowboy Bebop project; which has gone into technical issues as it began production due to an on-set injury to one of the main lead's.

They didn't get the "rights"...they ordered the show from Tomorrow Studios (owned by the UK's ITV) who actually hold the rights to produce/develop/adapt.

Taika Waititi will be writing and directing projects based off on Ronald Dahl's Charlie and The Chocolate Factory--in animated format!

NX has also mentioned, that other projects are in the works for Ronald Dahl's library of stories, including the likes of Matilda, The BFG, and more.