Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nevermore: The Madness of Poe

I went back through three times on Saturday. The scareactors were definitely on their a-game this time and I finally noticed the effect behind the portrait up the stairs behind where Poe is standing (cheesy but neat). I do love the detailing, just as I did when I saw the props the first time in Body Collectors, but still... how anyone can be scared in that Raven scene is beyond me. And I still find it jarring that Poe is with me in virtually every scene.

This is one of the most beautiful houses I've ever seen. Every scene seems just so well done. However, I don't know if it was just bad timing, but I just didn't get a lot of scares in here. Like Scarletwebslingr said, the Raven room is a great example. I mean, why are ALL THREE ravens real? It just seems like one of them is constantly in motion, which really kills their ability to startle. Hopefully as the event goes on everyone will get their timing right and this will finish as a classic. It certainly has the potential.

So what are all the works featured? "Pendulum", "Raven", "Red Death", "Black Cat", "Tell-Tale", and I've heard maybes for "Cask." Any others?
I really hope next year they do a Lovecraft or King house, that'd be freaking awesome.

I was a fan of the raven room. I did not expect the first one and then it seemed like the other two were attacking me, the curtains were flying, and all of the noise made me duck and try and hurry out of there. My favorite scare in the house though was not really that scary. There was a Poe standing off to the side but I could clearly see him; I walked by and he suddenly leaned forward and wispered "Nevermore". I don't know why but that moment made the house for me.