New Canada/China 360 Films, Beauty & The Beast Sing-Along

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
In other news, it seems that Eugene Levy and Catherine O’Hara (aka Mr. and Mrs. Rose from Schitt’s Creek) will narrate the new Canada Film. Big fan of theirs (and their show), so a I am excited to say the least.
Solid successors to Martin Short.

UNIrd

Premium Member
Jul 18, 2008
I love Schitt's Creek so much so this is a perfect choice in my eyes.

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
At least two out of the three seem worthwhile!

Fitzgerald's an oddly comforting presence. I do wonder what he truly thinks, deep down, about all that's happening to the park.
I mean, Ratatouille was pretty much his thing at WDSP, so tbh, I imagine he’s happy that’s coming. GotG is a whole separate issue though.

Reactions: belloq87

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
Obviously not the same experience since it's a 360 show, but here's video of Far and Wide. It officially debuts tomorrow.

ChristopherSE

V.I.P.
Jul 12, 2009
NJ -> Orlando
Personally my favorite of the three new films. Love Catherine O’Hara and Eugene Levy, but agree they could’ve used their comedic chops a little more. I don’t remember too much of the earlier films, but this version definitely had a “front” which I enjoyed. I wasn’t constantly spinning feeling like I was missing stuff. It felt very traditionally Epcot, it’s a solid update.

Reactions: belloq87

Joe

aka TestTrack321
Staff member
Feb 15, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
Adding the BatB movie to this because we need to talk about it.

Everyone, EVERYONE, who has seen this says it's one of the worst things Disney has ever done. I am gobsmaked they took something with such a blow bar and they managed to not even cross that.

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
Adding the BatB movie to this because we need to talk about it.

Everyone, EVERYONE, who has seen this says it's one of the worst things Disney has ever done. I am gobsmaked they took something with such a blow bar and they managed to not even cross that.
No live actors either like the Frozen sing-a-long, which I was sure was something they originally mentioned.

A review by user ptaylor over on Magic basically says it all:

“Saw the new Sing-Along - few quick impressions.

No live actors, uses only a fraction of the IDF screen, cringeworthy sing-along elements - overall something that I would expect to see on a DVD bonus feature, not as a theme park attraction.

I was not a fan of the Frozen sing-along, but that is significantly better than Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along.

I expect most people will see this once, and not return.”

I have no plans to ever see this. I’ll be at the park tomorrow to see Far and Wide and Awesome Planet. I will be seeing IDF at one of the 4 showings it will have tomorrow night.

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
It sounds like Awesome Planet and Canada Far & Wide are really exceeding people's expectations which is fantastic.
I’m so glad that the Original films were done with care and are being well received while the IP film is a big bust.

The real question is if they made a BatB show so bad that even the GP rejects it.