Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Goliath Coaster at Six Flags Great America

Feb 11, 2010
Orlando, Florida
This coaster is SICK! I love a wood coaster but this one seems unbelievable!!

[video=youtube_share;kpEw4VBMGGA]http://youtu.be/kpEw4VBMGGA?t=5s[/video]

Last edited:
I can not wait for this ride since it my home park. I just hope the ride is longer than the minute long video. My wife already said there is no way she will get on it. :( I kind of feel bad for Six Flags America getting another hand me down ride next year though. First Iron Wolf which was decent and next year Rajun Cajun which caused more pain than anything.

I can not wait for this ride since it my home park. I just hope the ride is longer than the minute long video. My wife already said there is no way she will get on it. :( I kind of feel bad for Six Flags America getting another hand me down ride next year though. First Iron Wolf which was decent and next year Rajun Cajun which caused more pain than anything.

It's better than our lame ass Aqua Twist addition we are getting this year. Last year we got a 24 year old Boomerang. :doh:

I feel bad for you STL. One year I went with family to St. Louis we were going to go to Six Flags there 2 days and decided 1 was enough.

They stopped caring about Six Flags America a long time ago. I haven't been there since..2002 I think and that was just to get an autograph from WWE superstar Rob Van Dam. The coaster they got this year was the first one in like 12 years. It's not worth going to at all with Hersheypark, Kings Dominion or even Busch Gardens all in the vicinity even if it is a little over 3 hours away.

Have you ever been on New Texas Giant? These steel-track wooden roller coasters are the latest fad (Outlaw Run, Iron Rattler) and they're smooth as can be.

We just went to Silver Dollar City 2 weeks ago and Outlaw Run is one hell of a coaster....AND smooth! I was really impressed with it. There was only one bank curve that I felt was a little rough but not enough to complain about it. We rode in the first car of the day in the very back seat....AWESOME doesn't sum up that coaster enough!:thumbs:

- - - Updated - - -

I feel bad for you STL. One year I went with family to St. Louis we were going to go to Six Flags there 2 days and decided 1 was enough.

Yeah.....we are the "Coaster Capital of Missouri" for what that's worth. HA But they just love to promote that. Out of the nine coasters we have, only two of them are original. I will take SDC's coasters over ours any day of the week (or WOF coasters for that matter).

We just went to Silver Dollar City 2 weeks ago and Outlaw Run is one hell of a coaster....AND smooth! I was really impressed with it. There was only one bank curve that I felt was a little rough but not enough to complain about it. We rode in the first car of the day in the very back seat....AWESOME doesn't sum up that coaster enough!:thumbs:

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah.....we are the "Coaster Capital of Missouri" for what that's worth. HA But they just love to promote that. Out of the nine coasters we have, only two of them are original. I will take SDC's coasters over ours any day of the week (or WOF coasters for that matter).

I wasn't sure if Outlaw Run was open yet or not...seemed like one crazy good layout, I'd definitely wanna try it if I could justify a trip over in that direction (don't think the family would be too keen on traveling for one roller coaster :lol:)

Have you ever been on New Texas Giant? These steel-track wooden roller coasters are the latest fad (Outlaw Run, Iron Rattler) and they're smooth as can be.
I have yet to try one..good to know they are smooth..I was picturing a Gwazi type ride experience with those sharp banks..ouch

The park posted official concept art on the Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/SFGreatAmerica/posts/10151888000136356

The most notable change is the structure of the lift, looking like RMC's take on the I305 structure. Looks amazing!

1925349_10151887991301356_1910532623_n.jpg

1799085_10151887992061356_1998151880_o.jpg

1911268_10151887991951356_573690444_o.jpg

1658165_10151887991941356_1948091098_o.jpg

1911117_10151887992046356_525188657_o.jpg

1782490_10151887992051356_1436410370_o.jpg

Looks like another great RMC creation!

Am I the only one who thinks these things look crazy? I mean, I'd love to ride them... But Christ, these would be intense designs for a STEEL coaster. But they are wood...