Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Jurassic Park Ride Coming to Universal Studios Japan?

Alicia

Premium Member
Jul 17, 2014
Orlando
A couple months ago Screamscape reported that Universal Studios Japan will open a new coaster style ride in the Jurassic Park section of the park. Now Instagram user shichan14 has posted a photo from Universal Japan of construction walls with the words "The Greatest Dinosaur Ride in the World, Coming in 2016!" I'm not sure if this will be the roller coaster Screamscape mentioned or something else entirely. They already have the River Adventure, so it can't be that. And I do notice there is a pteranodon pictured on the wall in question.

11376005_921321024573776_1210597076_n.jpg

I know when Islands of Adventure was in planning stages there was a concept for a flying coaster like Manta at SeaWorld, where you're flying with Pteranodons. Do you think this could be something like that? Would that be great enough to be the greatest dinosaur ride in the world?

Is this photo a hoax? Many blogs are already reporting on it, (including my own), but we have nothing else to go on really than a rumor on Screamscape from months ago and this single photo.

Anyone heard anything?

Just saw this on another site and my heart skipped a beat - if they'd been building helicoptours or some world-beating new concept I would have been the most jealous person alive.

From Screamscape:

2016 - New Jurassic Park Attraction - Rumor - (6/19/15) Screamscape sources have confirmed that the new Jurassic Park themed ride going into Universal Studios Japan for 2016 is better than we could have hoped… it will be a B&M Flyer. I don’t quite know how elaborate the themeing will be, but this sounds almost like a revival of the old cancelled plans once in place for Islands of Adventure that would have seen a B&M Flyer coaster built inside a giant Pteranodon Aviary structure.
Like I said, I’m not sure if the Aviary structure will be part of these new plans or not, but since a Pteranodon like dinosaur was put on the construction wall in the theme park itself, I can only assume this is the basic theme they are going for with this project. Of course a giant Aviary building also plays a big part in the new Jurassic World movie as well, this one containing Pterosaurs.
Cool cool cool, that's what I was hoping for... except for Orlando, not Japan.

11755186_1453339291638131_5490605817222001632_n.jpg

Apologies I don't have the original source for this, but we have our answer.

Jealous as!

Can't wait to see the finished product for this one. Thinking it's going to have a great classic JP aesthetic; I'm glad they don't seem to be going the JW route.

I guess it's just because there aren't any ready-made flying dinosaurs whose name they could have used to convey the same idea eh. Gotta think of something!

Anyway, that concept art just makes me super excited. This ride is such a no-brainer it should have happened years ago. I wonder how extensively the trains will be themed? Considering B&M did a really nice job for the Manta trains, I'm sure something equally awesome could be designed for this if Universal are willing to stump up the cash.