New Locker System | Inside Universal Forums

New Locker System

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oct 13, 2013
Orlando
Aquatica has all new lockers. You use a self-help machine to buy your locker, it has a touch screen and you can use either cash or a bank card. Once payment is verified (regular locker price has gone up to $10), you have to create a 4-digit pin, then you type it in again and then a locker number is assigned to you. You find your locker, it has a mechanical keypad, you type in the pin you created, hit the enter button and it opens. When the locker closes they automatically lock. System worked ok, they have a bunch of rental machines 10, maybe more, you wait in line to use them. When you are done for the day, the locker itself has an end rental button, so no waiting in line to return a key. Downside is that of course you have the remember your locker number the whole day.

New lockers are in place by the rides, same system as is in place in Aquatica (see threat in that forum). You rent via a touch screen and create your own pin to unlock the lockers assigned to you. I did not use them, so I have no idea what they charge. I know people waiting for Journey to Atlantis were grumpy because you had to wait in line to get a locker, I think they might only have two touch screens there. Kraken also has them and Manta is in the process of having them installed. Pixels in the Park probably will have a post concerning this in the near future.

I'd say it sounds a lot better than carrying around that tiny key. Thanks for the heads up.