Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Project for Dinoland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m under the impression that putting Zootopia in DAK has not gotten far in the development process ever.

Not even going into the way that the movie is about social issues, while the park is about environmental/natural issues, there was always a pretty big perceived aesthetic clash. A big point of the park is that architecture is subservient to nature, whereas zootopia is just a ton of architecture.

Beyond that, I’ve never been under the impression that the furthest along Zootopia proposal targeted Dinoland, while only tangentially targeting Planet Watch.

But, at the end of the day, I’m under the impression that the film’s presence in Play has been deemed “enough”.
If they stick it out at planet watch it would be ok? Not a huge thing just some stuff?

I think it would be a major mistake and a crowd control nightmare if they put Zootopia accessible only by train. Imagine having to wait in line to board a train just to get to the land then having to wait in line again just to return to the main park. It makes it an hour endeavor just to visit! And maybe the land gets too full and you have to wait for people to leave? An IP that big needs to be accessible by foot.

I think it would be a major mistake and a crowd control nightmare if they put Zootopia accessible only by train. Imagine having to wait in line to board a train just to get to the land then having to wait in line again just to return to the main park. It makes it an hour endeavor just to visit! And maybe the land gets too full and you have to wait for people to leave? An IP that big needs to be accessible by foot.
It would have to have multiple ways in an out for sure

Correct - putting an E-ticket on the opposite side of the train would starve the attraction. Not happening.

They made the mistake with the train of making it a train to nowhere. It should have either been a train around/through the park with two or more stations or used it to connect to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. If Zootopia were to be built back there most likely the train would just be removed.

I'm guessing that there's enough room in Dinoland to build a clone of what they're building in Shanghai. The retention pond can be reconfigured or moved fairly easily if necessary. If there was room for a coaster, there's room for a show building.

Leave the train to conservation station, leave DinoLand, and just build it in the expansion spot behind Asia with a walkway to access the land between Africa and Asia. This park needs MORE experiences, not to replace existing ones.

Leave the train to conservation station, leave DinoLand, and just build it in the expansion spot behind Asia with a walkway to access the land between Africa and Asia. This park needs MORE experiences, not to replace existing ones.
I agree that Animal Kingdom definitely needs more experiences, but something needs to be done with the entirety of DinoLand. It’s embarrassing that it’s a land in a Disney theme park.

I agree that Animal Kingdom definitely needs more experiences, but something needs to be done with the entirety of DinoLand. It’s embarrassing that it’s a land in a Disney theme park.
Animal Kingdom needs more stuff period. There's no rides out where Rafiki's is, DinoLand at least has some rides. Preferably, a new land would use the expansion plot next to Asia.

Pull the train out and run it from the entrance to Animal Kingdom Lodge. And put Zootopia in that empty spot behind Asia.

That is a great idea! And what a unique way for those guests to get to the park. People would love it and you could use it as another selling point of Animal Kingdom Lodge.

The train exists for people to be able to see the Animal hospital.

You couldn’t just “move” the train to make an AKL connection, that would have to be a new train, and would have to be one that runs forwards and backwards, as there is no room for a big turn anywhere that would be a good place to drop guests at DAK.

And to enhance/set expectations,when the North of Asia plot finally gets used (and I expect Dinoland to be redone first) it will be a large, Fantasy Springs style expansion. The plot has room fir three lands, and while all 3 wouldn’t be used in one fell swoop, they wouldn’t to to the trouble of making that connection for Storybook Circus 2.0.

And to enhance/set expectations,when the North of Asia plot finally gets used (and I expect Dinoland to be redone first) it will be a large, Fantasy Springs style expansion
God I wish.

If they have to do the Zootopia train I suppose they could do a higher capacity version of the transport to Star Destroyer transfer?

The train exists for people to be able to see the Animal hospital.

You couldn’t just “move” the train to make an AKL connection, that would have to be a new train, and would have to be one that runs forwards and backwards, as there is no room for a big turn anywhere that would be a good place to drop guests at DAK.

And to enhance/set expectations,when the North of Asia plot finally gets used (and I expect Dinoland to be redone first) it will be a large, Fantasy Springs style expansion. The plot has room fir three lands, and while all 3 wouldn’t be used in one fell swoop, they wouldn’t to to the trouble of making that connection for Storybook Circus 2.0.

The Wildlife Express is not designed for more than it already does (and it barely can do that). Any money spent on upgrading is better spent on totally building something new, like the Skyliner.

Status
Not open for further replies.