1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

New Rideshare Pick Up/Drop Off Area for Universal Orlando

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Universal' started by MrBlonde, Aug 21, 2019.

1. MrBlonde

MrBlonde Rookie

Universal Orlando moving Pick-Up/Drop-Off Location to Parking Garages | Inside Universal

Looks like they're preparing for the congestion that HHN will bring.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2019
    Coasted likes this.
  2. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

This is gonna piss off Lyft/Uber drivers sooooo much that they need to go up into the garage now :lol:

Joel likes this.
  3. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

The Burbank airport does something similar, it works well. Probably won’t piss them off any more than waiting 5-10 minutes on Universal Blvd.

RFRees and jrn14 like this.
  4. jrn14

jrn14 Veteran Member

Yeah we tried to utilize Uber last year when leaving at 2am and it was a nightmare.. we ended up cancelling and just hopping in a cab... I'd imagine the garage situation will be much better.

richjagr likes this.
  5. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

Oh I agree the current set up down there is a nightmare. Something had to be done.

6. RFRees

RFRees Member

Any word on if they're developing a permanent solution, or is this the permanent solution?

7. Teebin

Teebin Legendary Member

Trying to recall how it works getting to the top... is it one straight ramp to the first and second and then you have to turn and loop around to take two more to the top? Just wondering how much garage driving it is up and down... I think I recall exiting three or four straight down in one straight line.

I miss the garages... always, always filled me with anticipation no matter how many times I went. Disney AP parking made me feel like a sheep, but Universal AP made me feel special. Perhaps that is odd.

Coasted and RFRees like this.
  8. truejonas

truejonas V.I.P.

Universal parking makes me feel confused. We somehow managed to get into the prime parking area (we did not pay for prime parking) once. Great parking spot, but everything leading up to that moment was extreme confusion.

ThomasByrd likes this.
  9. JoeCamel

JoeCamel Premium Member

I will be in the park today so I might take a ride up there. They opened the median between the bus loop exit and parking entrance then split the lane for two way traffic a few days ago
    Is this change in anticipation of a D23 announcement ya think

Edit to add: they removed part of the median between the exit ramp and the parking entrance then split the exit ramp so it is up and down.
    Top has three fenced pickup/dropoff lanes with HHN queue fence between them. Space is tight but it looks miles better than the bus loop. Busloop was very quiet at noon when i got here

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    Teebin and Coasted like this.
  10. anihilnation

anihilnation Veteran Member

I am glad for this, I take the bus to and from Uni, and especially when coming home from HHN the busloop is crazy, this should help a lot.

JoeCamel and ThomasByrd like this.
  11. BJCool

BJCool Veteran Member

How has this new plan for Uber/Lyft been working so far? Really well or miserably? I am wondering if it would be less chaotic on busy nights to take a boat to one of the hotels and call an Uber from the front of a hotel.

12. JoeCamel

JoeCamel Premium Member

Seems to be working really well. It is a hike to get to the pickup but the bus flow in the loop is much improved.

anihilnation, BJCool and Teebin like this.
  13. truejonas

truejonas V.I.P.

I did this last time I went by myself. Even the original loop was crazy to try to figure out which Uber was yours - hop on the water taxi to one of the other hotels, and boom, significantly less people to get confused with.

anihilnation and Mad Dog like this.