New Slide at Aquatica - 2012 | Inside Universal Forums

New Slide at Aquatica - 2012

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mar 18, 2010
Dover, Florida
I hear a Rumor that Aquatica along with Proslide Technology may be planning on bringing a new Family Rafting attraction to the park for the summer of 2012.

You can never go wrong with a family river rafting ride. I just love those, both Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach have the best raft rides in town. Never get tired of those.

You can never go wrong with a family river rafting ride. I just love those, both Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach have the best raft rides in town. Never get tired of those.

Same. I always thought something like it was missing from Aquatica.

I'm not sure about Aquatica getting a new slide for 2012, maybe 2013... Adventure Island in Tampa has gone a few seasons without a new addition and might be up next if you think about timetables...

I'm not sure about Aquatica getting a new slide for 2012, maybe 2013... Adventure Island in Tampa has gone a few seasons without a new addition and might be up next if you think about timetables...

But isn't aquatica make a lot more money, being right in the centre of International drive?

But isn't aquatica make a lot more money, being right in the centre of International drive?

And Adventure Island is Tampa's water-park... being the ONLY ONE for less than a hundred miles around. (Ok, maybe 50 miles around...)

It's like saying, SeaWorld should get more stuff cause it is on I-Drive, when they want to split stuff between parks to keep people coming.

And Adventure Island is Tampa's water-park... being the ONLY ONE for less than a hundred miles around. (Ok, maybe 50 miles around...)

It's like saying, SeaWorld should get more stuff cause it is on I-Drive, when they want to split stuff between parks to keep people coming.

I understand what your saying but I'm 99% sure Orlando has a higher tourism level then tampa. With UOR/Disney.

Oh i hope this is true, a family raft ride would be great, maybe a themed one, because the one they have their now is pretty tacky in my opinion. As long as they don't get rid of the rapids i'm happy :lol:

I think it's about time for them to invest in a new attraction at Aquatica. The last slides opened in 2010...so it's been awhile.

Heck, all of the central Florida waterparks are long overdue additions!

I think it's about time for them to invest in a new attraction at Aquatica. The last slides opened in 2010...so it's been awhile.

Hopefully Universal decides to do something about that! :sneaky:

Adventure island in tampa last got Riptide in 2009, so it's more overdue... but with aquatica texas and now aquatica california it may take time... though water country USA does seem to get newer stuff every few years...

Adventure island in tampa last got Riptide in 2009, so it's more overdue... but with aquatica texas and now aquatica california it may take time... though water country USA does seem to get newer stuff every few years...
Actually Riptide opened in 2006...the year after Sheikra. So it's WAY overdue.