New To Forum | Inside Universal Forums

New To Forum

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aug 29, 2016
hi all,

Love Orlando and going to the parks and have been doing it yearly. Now for the last 5 years have been doing to halloween horror nights. Any other hard core halloween theme park folk on here?

hi all,

Love Orlando and going to the parks and have been doing it yearly. Now for the last 5 years have been doing to halloween horror nights. Any other hard core halloween theme park folk on here?

Welcome!

You'll find a lot of people on here that are ready and hyped for Horror Nights!

That's awesome, i figured i couldn't be the only one. Anyone recommend any offsite hotels that have other folk going? A place with lively guest would be great and a pool. Done the ramada and that had always been dead.

Last edited:
Hi Cloves! Don't have any area hotel recommendations but wanted to welcome you to the forums and say I love Horror Nights too, always a blast going!

That's awesome, i figured i couldn't be the only one. Anyone recommend any offsite hotels that have other folk going? A place with lively guest would be great and a pool. Done the ramada and that had always been dead.
For offsite I recommend either the Double Tree across the street or Embassy Suites on I-Drive and Sand Lake.

Double Tree you can walk if you want, but taxi is only like $5 and it is a pretty nice place.
Embassy Suites is a bit more dated, has that old hotel feel where there is a massive lobby in the middle and all the rooms are around that lobby (Don't know why but I really dig this). Really good Complimentary breakfast and the Complimentary(!!!) happy hour there is killer for getting ready for HHN. The rooms are big and it is pretty cheap. Taxi is a little bit more expensive though.

Be very wary of the hotels on Universal Blvd and I-Drive. We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn and the smell of rot, mold, and ick permeated that place. Although, it was nice that we got to go to sleep with the quiet lullaby of I-4 right outside our window. :ack:

Thanks MrRoamer, in the past we have stayed at the ramada orlando downtown a 2 star place but I am thinking trying to stay a bit closer. Double Tree is pricey but they do have good breakfast and wow happy hour...hmmm.

I'll have a car but now you left me wondering if a cab or uber is easier and cheaper. Parking was like 18 bucks or something last time.

Thanks MrRoamer, in the past we have stayed at the ramada orlando downtown a 2 star place but I am thinking trying to stay a bit closer. Double Tree is pricey but they do have good breakfast and wow happy hour...hmmm.

I'll have a car but now you left me wondering if a cab or uber is easier and cheaper. Parking was like 18 bucks or something last time.
Just to make sure DoubleTree doesn't have the Complimentary happy hour or breakfast, that's at Embassy Suites. Double Tree is a bit more pricey but the rooms are nicer.

For HHN, even though we're locals we generally try to stay out there somewhere close a few times just so we don't have to worry about driving home. The resort amenities like express passes don't really matter to us at that time since its all about the HHN.

Uber would probably be a really good idea for the Embassy Suites, not sure how easy it is to get an Uber from the parks back to the hotel though.
With Double Tree, honestly its just so much easier, faster, and I can't imagine getting a better price I would suggest just getting one of the cabs in front of the hotel. Takes about a minute for them to whistle one up to you.