New Universal Commercial - Best Vacation Ever | Inside Universal Forums

New Universal Commercial - Best Vacation Ever

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, I just realized that :lol: I wish Universal could do an ad just showing rides and not have a message. "Putting you in the movies" is the one they should always use.

I'm not quite sure this ad hits the right emotional chord they were going for. It would have been nice if the daughter decided to put away her phone and connect with her family instead.

I'm not quite sure this ad hits the right emotional chord they were going for. It would have been nice if the daughter decided to put away her phone and connect with her family instead.

And it could have been a jab at tech-focused Disney if they had gone that route. Disney wants you staring at your phone.

Yeah, I just realized that :lol: I wish Universal could do an ad just showing rides and not have a message. "Putting you in the movies" is the one they should always use.

I think having both is important.

On one hand, not showing any rides in great length is a detriment, but the human/family factor is something many, if not all, of Disney's commercials go for. So competing with that is important.

But, on the flip side, Univrsal's brand names and ride technology is so many leaps ahead of other theme parks (including Disney in many cases) that it is crucial to show that off!

I like it. I think it's relevant and it sends the right message, while still showcasing what the parks and resort have to offer.

BTW, it just started running nationally this morning. It does it for me, showing Hulky, Spidy, Transy, Potter and Simpsons. It is bound to flip a few switches in the northern climbs. They had to do something to offset the worldwide announcement that is coming soon.

I'm waiting for the Director's Cut of this ad which shows the girl having to put her phone in a locker 19 times during the vacation since it's a "loose article".

Ya it's definitely too similar to the Apple comerical. Also, I think it's too serious. The serious tone did wonders to the Apple ad, but I think they should vacation destination commercials fun. How can they convince people their theme park is fun if a bloody Comercial is serious and somewhat boring!

Ya it's definitely too similar to the Apple comerical. Also, I think it's too serious. The serious tone did wonders to the Apple ad, but I think they should vacation destination commercials fun. How can they convince people their theme park is fun if a bloody Comercial is serious and somewhat boring!

I see what they were going for. They've done the whole fun and exciting tone, and more people than ever know about Universal now. People associate it with fun and excitement already. What Universal has been missing (and therefore needs to target) is families. Since 2010, people have known more and more that Universal is a cool place with Harry Potter and Spider-Man. In their mission to bring more families in (who will hopefully stay on-site for more than one day), they wanted something that focused less on rides and more on the vacation aspect of the resort. In that respect, this commercial does its job.

As a father with 2 girls this age, this commercial was a lot more realistic than the Apple one, that's why I like it better.

Apple's current marketing campaign is outstanding. Advertising agencies everywhere are trying to ape it, so it's no surprise whoever is doing Uni's material is doing the same. It being the same in tone is no accident, but I think the 'kid on a phone' thing was an unlucky coincidence. Someone must've cursed a storm when they saw the Apple ad beat them to the punch.

Apple's current marketing campaign is outstanding. Advertising agencies everywhere are trying to ape it, so it's no surprise whoever is doing Uni's material is doing the same. It being the same in tone is no accident, but I think the 'kid on a phone' thing was an unlucky coincidence. Someone must've cursed a storm when they saw the Apple ad beat them to the punch.

Similarities dont really matter when youre advertising two different products. And Apple and Universal are pretty different in what theyre selling. Even if its not a coincidence about the phones being the same, as long as theres two different products its usually fine. Its smart of Universal to take advantage of whats working for everyone else and making it work for them.