Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

Like Comcast couldn't spend 100m To do a fountain show... They'd probably find a way to do it much more inexpensively too.

You can't compare Comcast to a company that plans to take over 3 years to build a clone of a ride with insane budgets that an of already exists in Shanghai. I'm always befuddled by Disney construction timelines and overall costs. Complete, fairly well themed, park are built from the ground up quicker than a Disney Coaster. It took Efteling and Phantasialand a little over a year to build their last two, highly themed major coasters. Look at what Mack is building, a very detailed, themed resort with water park in two years. And...Tron will take 3 years?

To make it more open and in-the-round... thatiswhy.
I think we both want the same thing, just confusing it. I said I want it more in the round as well.

To accomplish this, yes, they can use a slice of Central park land, but like I said, I think part need to be filled in as well. You can't really just do one, it has to be both to get the desire result imo.

You can't compare Comcast to a company that plans to take over 3 years to build a clone of a ride with insane budgets that already exists in Shanghai. I'm always befuddled by Disney construction timelines and overall costs. Complete, fairly well themed, park are built from the ground up quicker than a Disney Coaster. It took Efteling and Phantasialand a little over a year to build their last two, highly themed major coasters. Look at what Mack is building, a very detailed, themed resort with water park in two years. And...Tron will take 3 years?

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, they did it at Disney Springs. Granted, the lake there is far bigger than USF. Could work at IOA, though.

Disney Springs is pretty 1 dimensional in terms of the viewing angle. A drone show with guests viewing from around a lake poses a lot of challenges. The only way I think this would work would be to for the drones to go straight up and paint the sky.

In an interesting light from ORLParkPass's photo update, the barge's are seeming to be stripped of their theming, slowly but surely.

DVrtLaZXcAAdRIB.jpg

Not to mention, remember when someone found a large empty field that contained the hundreds of drones for the Disney Springs show? UOR doesn't have a spot like that.

Not to mention, remember when someone found a large empty field that contained the hundreds of drones for the Disney Springs show? UOR doesn't have a spot like that.
They do have the top of buildings though. You could set them on MIB’s food. Just close MIB and the path in front of it during that part of the show, or place a net or glass roof above the front of MIB after the sun goes down for the show.