Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oddly enough I was going to ask if they were “deconstructing” the barges to actually remove them. I say that because the way it looked in the pictures looked like they had no intention of keeping them. Hopefully I was correct in my thought and they are gone for good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel and Mad Dog
They do have the top of buildings though. You could set them on MIB’s food. Just close MIB and the path in front of it during that part of the show, or place a net or glass roof above the front of MIB after the sun goes down for the show.

Believe it or not, it's not quite as easy as just sending people up to the roofs to setup or retrieve the drones. People on roofs creates liability. And UOR has very strict rules regarding fall protection. You'd have a limited amount of space to work with without having to train and use a lot of special equipment.

Also, roofs aren't as empty as you might think. Lots of necessary utilities equipment up there.

Reactions: tankart150
I would love to see something like RoL- as much hate as it gets, the tech is certainly impressive and would work very well in USF lagoon.

With the removal of the barges, it really looks great. I wish they’d “brick” lombard’s Exterior. The building stands out (in not a good way).

Reactions: tankart150
From Elvey, the first barge has left the lagoon.

#FakeNews

The barge is just moved to the side and is being remodeled. It's visible above the empty spotlight holders in his photo. You can see all of my pictures of it here.

IMG_0325.jpg

Reactions: Joel
I wish they’d “brick” lombard’s Exterior. The building stands out (in not a good way).

Brick Lombard's Landing? That building is a blend of various real buildings at Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco, predominantly "No. 9 Fisherman's Grotto". It looks authentic as is.

I think the Richter's building stands out a bit, even though that looks pretty authentic for the wharf area too. The color is a bit off.

Hmm, I'm still not convinced they are returning...But it's possible

I really hope this isn't Cinematic Spectacular with clips from the rides rather than movies

I'm not convinced either. Those water screens are expensive and definitely reusable in other attractions (3rd park stuff, or even the T2 replacement show, Poseidon's Fury replacements, etc.).. that tech doesn't get old as long as they use it in the right way.

Reactions: shiekra38
The barges were ugly to facilitate the massive infrastructure needed for the underwhelming water screens. Now that they’re gone I can see them installing WoC like water jets on there and maybe fireworks.