Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

So it appears that they're gutting the barges then removing them from the lake. There's 2 remaining- one being gutted and one sitting in the water.

Reactions: shiekra38
cough stateside.

UC created this for Japan as well as that new parade coming soon using brand new tech....which would make sense for them to bring things they learned from those projects here.

To be fair- TDL is lightyears ahead of anything Disney has domestically as well- at least on the "freshness" front. They have new shows on an annual basis, new parades constantly, etc.

Japan parks are in a league unto themselves- with TDL being the best in the theme park world.

But domestically speaking, this is the largest gap between it and Disney.
With the Diagon alley shows, and now Christmas floats- and hopefully this- it closes the gap a little. I have minimal expectations for this- but I have a desire that they knock me on my ass with how amazing it is. I truly want it to shine as the end to a perfect Universal day instead of the whimper that existed before.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I'm hoping for more use of water fountains and lights with small pyro bursts from within the lagoon via small black undecorated barges that are remote controlled into the middle of the lagoon right before the show). The old barges made the lagoon feel small and cramped, it looks very relaxing now.

My ideal show would be WoC style with a mix of IPs. Having segments of comedy, action/adventure, horror and romance.

It's not that difficult to make a show Universal when you have some great to material to use:

-Intro with hopefully a new song 3 mins.
{Action/Adventure}
-Back to the Future for 2 mins
-ET for 1 minute
{Comedy}
-Minions segment for 3 mins
-Simpsons for 3 minutes
{Horror/Evil}
-Jaws/Jurassic World, the 'evil' part of the film for about 3 minutes (use fire for this scene)
-Classic Monsters 1 minute
{Romance}
-Segment with love scene from films and original song or from a movie, 2 minutes
{Finale}
-Finale with mix of everything from the show and anything not shown. 2 minutes

Total show time: 20 mins , not too long.

Reactions: Scott W.
I don't get why people are like wow water screens. and want a rehash of WOC...literally the tech and everything has been done for over 16 years.

Can we actually get something innovative and fresh?

Like this but with Universal based fantasmic

Reactions: shiekra38
I don't get why people are like wow water screens. and want a rehash of WOC...literally the tech and everything has been done for over 16 years.

Because Uni does not want to use live actors.

EDIT: I would like to see something like this, but I can't see Uni use actors here. Maybe in new park.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush

I would imagine something like that would be much better in an enclosed space.

The thing I am curious about, is if the lagoon is drained. As that could tell whether or not we are getting new fountains.

I would imagine something like that would be much better in an enclosed space.

The thing I am curious about, is if the lagoon is drained. As that could tell whether or not we are getting new fountains.

I don't think it can be drained. They instealled the CineSpec system without draining it.

It would be great if the new barges could be small and not very eye catching like these:
Universal_pano1.JPG

Reactions: Skold and Alicia
I don't think it can be drained. They instealled the CineSpec system without draining it.

It would be great if the new barges could be small and not very eye catching like these:
Universal_pano1.JPG

Wow, throwback...BTTF is still there haha

Yes, I would say low level pyro will probably happen again...Although the F&F building would be a great launching point

Didn't we see an air balloon in that area no too long ago?

Universal_pano1.JPG

I mean ANYTHING can be drained, question is can the justify the cost. I don't see them doing it though.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
I don’t think Universal has any incentive to build a truly spectacular lagoon show at USF. The park just isn’t built for it.

That lagoon isn’t a great place for a nighttime show. It’s too small and there isn’t enough room surrounding the lagoon for an Illuminations sized crowd. The sight lines aren’t great either, but you can work around that.

The lagoon wasn’t designed for a nighttime show. I feel like the lagoons at Epcot and TDS clearly were.

I would much rather Universal build a bunch of very small nighttime shows instead. Project one on Diagon, one on F&F, one on Transformers, one on MIB. There’s a lot more rewatchability, plus you spread out the nighttime crowds.

I'm hoping for more use of water fountains and lights with small pyro bursts from within the lagoon via small black undecorated barges that are remote controlled into the middle of the lagoon right before the show). The old barges made the lagoon feel small and cramped, it looks very relaxing now.

My ideal show would be WoC style with a mix of IPs. Having segments of comedy, action/adventure, horror and romance.

It's not that difficult to make a show Universal when you have some great to material to use:

-Intro with hopefully a new song 3 mins.
{Action/Adventure}
-Back to the Future for 2 mins
-ET for 1 minute
{Comedy}
-Minions segment for 3 mins
-Simpsons for 3 minutes
{Horror/Evil}
-Jaws/Jurassic World, the 'evil' part of the film for about 3 minutes (use fire for this scene)
-Classic Monsters 1 minute
{Romance}
-Segment with love scene from films and original song or from a movie, 2 minutes
{Finale}
-Finale with mix of everything from the show and anything not shown. 2 minutes

Total show time: 20 mins , not too long.

Some really iconic music in there. You know how you plus this with two simple words?:

Live orchestra.

Reactions: Andysol