Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We don't know what they're actually doing to the park. Looks to me like it's just getting a wider path, and I would guess maybe some kind of railing on the upper walkway. They're not removing it, just biggening it.

I seriously doubt this becomes amphitheater seating - or seating of any kind for that matter. Just a larger space with a few less trees in the middle. They're leaving all the larger trees at the back, so it'll still be nice and shady.

We don't know what they're actually doing to the park. Looks to me like it's just getting a wider path, and I would guess maybe some kind of railing on the upper walkway. They're not removing it, just biggening it.

I seriously doubt this becomes amphitheater seating - or seating of any kind for that matter. Just a larger space with a few less trees in the middle. They're leaving all the larger trees at the back, so it'll still be nice and shady.

If that's the case, what a wasted opportunity, and I'm back to assuming the new nighttime show will be as crappy as their other attempts.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
So to summarize:

They are taking out the park. How dare they!

They are leaving the park. How dare they!

I mean, that's why there's chocolate and vanilla.

But the shows that Universal needs to do due to their pyro restriction need a dedicated viewing angle to be any good. It's why the Potter shows are hits and the lagoon shows are confusing messes.

I was thinking the same. Also, if they removed those former lagoon show projectors? from Animal Actors like someone reported, perhaps the new show will use something mounted in that Central Park area, and the trees were removed since they would have been in the way...Just my own guess though.

Reactions: Alicia
They're not removing it, just biggening it.
12781842293_20acbceb25_b.jpg

I think we all need to take a drink to the use of that word. Thanks @AliciaStella !

Maybe the new show will consist of pushing a dory containing a dead viking into the middle of the pond and then guests can take turns shooting flaming arrows at it.
I was thinking a giant wickerman burning in the middle would be a fitting end to HHN but maybe the DEQ would have an objection to that.

Maybe the new show will consist of pushing a dory containing a dead viking into the middle of the pond and then guests can take turns shooting flaming arrows at it.
Now, if the do How to Train a Dragon at the new park, that would be perfect if there's a lagoon adjacent to the land. :thumbsup:

It's honestly pretty sad. Such a great area of the park to just chill out and get away from it all. If it means we're getting a good show though, then I can deal with it I guess, but this is certainly no longer Central Park.
It will certainly take some getting used too...I do hope they plan on doing what they did at California Adventure...The show viewing area is aesthetically pleasing during the day and functional at night

I just hope this means a really great night time show is coming. They control some amazing music. Please let this be on the level of the holiday parade that debuted this last year.

Am I the only one who thinks that the Central Park closures could also have something to do with the KZ replacement? They could be widening/adding more paths so more guests could get through.

No, you aren't the only one that thinks that (it's for both). Anyone who thought KidZone would just up and close without some phasing or prep work wasn't paying attention. Plans changed a bit on when and how, but I still think it's happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: Magic-Man
Am I the only one who thinks that the Central Park closures could also have something to do with the KZ replacement? They could be widening/adding more paths so more guests could get through.

No, you aren't the only one that thinks that (it's for both). Anyone who thought KidZone would just up and close without some phasing or prep work wasn't paying attention. Plans changed a bit on when and how, but I still think it's happening.

If it was wouldn't it be on the KidZone side, not the lagoon side?

Maybe I was off getting another pitcher of margaritas but were there any permits filed for this work? NoC or SWFWMD? There would have to be wouldn't there?