Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I thought it was a Universal Creative project though for Universal Spectacle, due to the complexity of the elements involved with that show and with the projection mapping?

UC has a separate team specifically for Japan vs Stateside but the general concepts like technological advancements are worked on at the main campus. (Source: Universal's own job site).

That’s true, but I think the really iconic part is when they fly past the moon, which would be difficult to replicate.

Scale can be overcome. Just look at the Up drone in the Pixar fireworks at Disneyland.

That's not a drone. It's on the same cable that Tinkerbell, Dumbo, and Zero have all flown on.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I'll wait and see what we end up with, but like, I'd use "bleachers" to describe what they built for Rivers of Life too. They're just pretty looking bleachers. Could be something similar.

One can hope, but that would be very “Universal” of them to have just generic bleachers.
90% “amazing” and 10% “what were they thinking?” Is pretty status quo for them.

For what it's worth, what they're installing isn't your typical painting scaffolding. Got an up close look at this when I was in the park yesterday. I work in construction and I know those structures very well. They're installing heavy industrial stainless steel deck scaffold structure and they appear to be welding it at each joint. That type of structure isn't cheap and it can hold a ton of weight. So I'm confident that's the final show structure. It can last for a decade at least without needing any work. But they probably can't lift it out of the water to work on it if they needed to.

I also overheard two Universal guys walking to the park area and they were saying the platform was only a third done... If so, this thing is going to be huge!

I also live right behind the park and saw them testing fireworks the other night. I'm very curious as to when they're going to announce what this is.

Where were you a few weeks ago during the permanent vs not permanent debate? ;)

Reactions: Ridgepole
One can hope, but that would be very “Universal” of them to have just generic bleachers.
90% “amazing” and 10% “what were they thinking?” Is pretty status quo for them.

Where were you a few weeks ago during the permanent vs not permanent debate? ;)
I think I know where they can get a bunch of bleachers for free.... Barely used these last few years except seasonally.

It's not like there's an empty abandoned theater somewhere in the middle of one of the world's most popular theme parks... right? Like, that would be stupid.... like hosting some sort of BMX action show...right?
Well I was thinking of reducing transportation costs and sourcing them from a closer location.

Doesn't this sign usually have show times under it?

Well I was thinking of reducing transportation costs and sourcing them from a closer location.

They’re close enough from TL. You just make a few trips on the hogwarts Express with them. Easy peasy

Reactions: JoeCamel
I’m hoping it’s up when I go for horror nights, but I’m not assuming anything new is happening at Universal until I see it with my own eyes in the parks. I still don’t know why they’re digging a whole bunch of holes where dragon challenge used to be :smash:

I don't know about you guys but I've already made my plans for Summer. AND Fall. So Universal not announcing any official opening dates means I've allotted zero vacation time over to them currently as they haven't justified planning anything.

I will be at Horror Nights, but this wouldn't be something that can be seen weekends while HHN is going on.

But we don’t even know what the show is about or what it entails.. that’s what I’m trying to say.

Not one piece of concept art. Not one idea on tech. Not one idea on story. Nothing, other than something is coming.

I can't figure out why UoR sent me an E-mail today to tell me about the Holiday offerings. I'm certainly not thinking about Christmas right now. I think they are a bit lost on their announcements at the moment.

Awe, I never actually saw it. Figured I would see it next time just to experience the "wtf why is this at a theme park in 2018"-ness

UPDATE: currently has showtimes through May 4th online

Last edited:
Reactions: truejonas
But we don’t even know what the show is about or what it entails.. that’s what I’m trying to say.

Not one piece of concept art. Not one idea on tech. Not one idea on story. Nothing, other than something is coming.

I agree. It seems strange that the construction for this is so obviously out in the open and yet they haven't announced anything at all. But then again maybe they want all of us to be guessing like this.

Reactions: Brian G.
I agree. It seems strange that the construction for this is so obviously out in the open and yet they haven't announced anything at all. But then again maybe they want all of us to be guessing like this.

I think that is exactly it. They really like springing things on people.