Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

But we don’t even know what the show is about or what it entails.. that’s what I’m trying to say.

Not one piece of concept art. Not one idea on tech. Not one idea on story. Nothing, other than something is coming.

They might be using some tech that is new for them and don't want a ROL but it does seem strange not to get any real marketing value out of this for the fast approaching summer season. Even just releasing a drawing and name so that they can start marketing would help them capitalize on this investment.

I don't know about you guys but I've already made my plans for Summer. AND Fall. So Universal not announcing any official opening dates means I've allotted zero vacation time over to them currently as they haven't justified planning anything.

I will be at Horror Nights, but this wouldn't be something that can be seen weekends while HHN is going on.
You could experience the countless new attractions that have come over the last couple of years, I think that's pretty justified

Back to Alicia's post yesterday, if they are truly figuring out where to put a new booth, it means they won't be using the entire lagoon as the current booth is centered with the lagoon. So if a new booth is true... only one side of the lagoon will be used.
Not sure that’s the case. They specifically said they couldn’t put it near Starbucks because there would be too many people there, so they still expect people to watch on that side (even if it’s not the best vantage.) Like I’ve speculated before, it may have been a drone release booth or effects booth of some sort, but not the main media booth, they were looking for a location. Makes sense if they are using drones, to place it somewhere where it wouldn’t fly over anyone’s heads.

But yea, getting the feeling the main viewing area is gonna be the park, and everywhere else will be... not as good.

There's definitely a lot of construction in the central park area and that part of the lagoon and nowhere else. I'd bet the new show is concentrated there.

With 360 and cinespec the pattern was, cool stuff the first year, they used it for other things. Then it kinda went unused.

Questions I had were, Why they never used those screens to rebroadcast the ultra crowded Mardi Concerts when they were over capacity .

They did use 360 once for HHN then never again, and when Cinespec was added, they used that for one year of HHN also, and then after that quit using it. Why?

Here's some photos I got yesterday, including some close-ups. More shots visible on this post.

P1140622.jpg

P1140651.jpg

P1140653.jpg

P1140659.jpg

P1140657.jpg

P1140672.jpg

P1140679.jpg

P1140682.jpg

Shots of the park:

P1140691.jpg

P1140692.jpg

P1140647.jpg

P1140676.jpg

P1140686.jpg

P1140633.jpg

They won't push the night show hard because a nightshow isn't going to bring guests in. It'll keep them there once they are there.
But why not push it? All around Orlando you see billboards for Happily Ever After. And like I said, I talk to guests all the time who want to know if Universal has a nighttime show like Disney. I have to tell them no, but there's the potter show, etc, etc.

Guests WANT a nighttime show. Universal needs to let them know they have one.