Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I agree that IOA has a great lagoon but it wasn't designed for night time show. The spots in each island to view the lagoon won't accommodate the guests that need to see the show. US lagoon has far more viewing areas for a show. Yeah it's long but it's able allow people to congregate to see it. I love the IOA lagoon areas myself and frequent those areas to get a break from people and noise. Last time I was there (a day ago) I was just thinking about a nighttime show there and realized how small the spaces would be. IOA lagoon would be a nice lagoon for daytime show though.
But it actually was specifically designed for that. Many of the viewing areas are tiered to allow large numbers of people to view the show. I watched the original lagoon show the viewing was great even if you didn't get right up front.

I've always wanted to see them do something where the Music Plaza stage is, just like Hollywood Studios...not sure if that is even possible haha...Then use the fountains for a periodic fountain show every 15 to 20 mins

Personally I don’t know why they bother with this at all. They might as well close at 8 PM and call it a day.
I believe if the show is good then people will stay...People used to stay for Cinespec, and then they cut the pyro from certain spots and it went downhill...Also, it was really just a clip show

If they do it right then I could see people staying later..

I think this is the one real Disney icon they've yet to crack. They've caught up or surpassed with attractions, lands, food offerings, hotels. Etc, etc. But entertainment, specially a dedicated nighttime show, is something they've never quite got right.

I'm totally on team #NoPyro myself too. Stick to what you can do well.
This is so true, and I really want them to succeed..

They do have a lot of leeway on noise level for night shows. Jay Stein ( Jay Bangs) said that Universal purposely ran shows at very high extreme noise levels when they opened the parks, since the way the noise ordinance was written, that loud level would be the standard. Thus they wouldn't have to worry about new home new neighbor residents complaining in the future. Universal played the noise level ordinance back then like they played everyone on the height measurement regulations last year.

Reactions: tankart150
Universal nighttime shows:

Disney nighttime shows:
BosendorferImperial800624.jpg

sorry, I got this bee in my bonnet and I couldn’t resist...

I would much rather live in Maine.
Teebin would strongly disagree. :lol:...But, I'm kind of with you. I prefer living here in Western Pa. over Florida. But I do love Orlando for a few weeks a year, just wouldn't want to live there from June through October, straight through.

You could always live in dallas like me and have it be 90 Sunday/Monday hitting up the lazy river and then today have it be in the 40s. Not to fear as it will be 90 again this weekend.

I couldn’t imagine being a plant that was transplanted living here. It must be so confused...

Reactions: Joel and Mad Dog
You could always live in dallas like me and have it be 90 Sunday/Monday hitting up the lazy river and then today have it be in the 40s. Not to fear as it will be 90 again this weekend.

I couldn’t imagine being a plant that was transplanted living here. It must be so confused...
Spent a week twice in Ft. Worth for business. Had a great time at BillyBob's & Cow Town.

Reactions: Andysol
Let's hope this new show takes it up a few notches (to be fair, I've never seen Cinematic Spectacular, but it seems the general consensus is that it does not measure up to the nighttime offerings at Disney).

And, they need to keep the parks open later more consistently and run the show more consistently. I may be beating a dead horse here, but with continued growth in attendance and a more aggressive push to compete as a complete resort against WDW, this should be the next step. Speaking of not getting to see Cinematic Spectacular, both of my visits have been in October when it wasn't showing, why not do the nighttime spectacular on nights that HHN isn't taking place?

Agree with the others that IOA would be a better place for a nighttime spectacular, but still interested to see what they do!

All I ask for is a storyline and pyro, but nothing high up just low to the ground inside the lagoon. If I were Uni, I wouldn't waste time/resources using pyro that is blocked pretty much from the vantage points of the lagoon.

General storyline ideas:
Have the DeLorean act as transitions between scenes.
Bill and Ted (I'm just kidding xd)
Have an original song that sticks to your head.

Possible scenes:
Classic Monsters {dark segment with cool special effects. For example, "lightning" for frankenstien}
Minions {a fun energetic segment}
Simpsons {a short story within the show}
Fast and Furious, MIB and whatever replaces terminator {action packed with shots of pyro and fireballs}
Finale with an original song and use of pyro

Reactions: tankart150
What do you mean by “spacing”?
Spacing as it view able area. With attendance numbers high in IOA, I see them building more lagoon standing area before they bring a lagoon show back to IOA. I would relate it more of how they used the Simpson's area expansion to add more lagoon viewing space (arguable also to add eating space). I'm not saying a lagoon show would never come but the last show became a problem "partially" due to the adequate viewing space in each of the Islands.