Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

I wonder if this new Lagoon show is so USF at night doesn't completely and utterly die with the regular Potter show next door. That way they can market "New Nighttime Shows at BOTH parks!"

I think in their current parks, Universal is somewhat restricted as far as what they can do for night time shows and entertainment compared to Disney. That being said....they won't have that excuse anymore for park 3. Lots of room there to make whatever they want now, while its still in the planning stages.

I think in their current parks, Universal is somewhat restricted as far as what they can do for night time shows and entertainment compared to Disney. That being said....they won't have that excuse anymore for park 3. Lots of room there to make whatever they want now, while its still in the planning stages.
Except that it's going to be built with existing neighbors. It's different for the current property because most of the houses closest to it were built AFTER Universal was, so they knew there would be noise from a theme park. The new location has several apartment complexes and residential areas abutting the property who will complain and fight Universal doing anything like nightly fireworks.

That's why buying the SeaWorld property might be easier in the long run. All of SeaWorld's neighbors moved in knowing there was a theme park there and there's not much they can do about it if they decided to do nightly shows.

Probably a good time to again bring up these comments from Jay Stein's interview in Gennaways recent book "Jay Bangs"...concerning night time shows, Jay proposed a Miami Vice action spectacular..."Jay would be able to avoid the noise problems he had to deal with regularly in Los Angeles. He (Jay) suggested that by making noise today, it would prevent future residents moving into the area from having the right to complain"......."The USF planners were worried that noise from fireworks could create issues with neighbors. Swann got a call from Tony Sauber, who had been in the class behind Swann at Duke Law School.Swann considered him a very smart guy, and they worked together in revising the city's (Orlando) noise ordinance. While most of the ordinance provisions were relatively standard, they accomplished having the noise level measured at the point of receipt, not emanation (which had been the customary standard). USF planners were triumphant with the new ordinance. It was especially useful when Islands of Adventure opened because, unlike USF, it had big , noise making rides close to a school". ....Those Universal guys are pretty smart. :thumbsup:

Now it's just gonna be a highlight reel of the Universal Parks attractions ;)

Hey, the production quality of the ride spots they show on TV in the rooms is now what you would expect from a production company and way better than the cheese they use to show!

The very Best thing about the Cinemagic show was Morgan Freeman's narration. Hopefully they get him to narrate the new show before another fake news story of his death gets circulated.

Freeman is great in any speaking part...but the water screens making the all the UNI logos was crazy neat to my eyes.

Well I hope that is the only logistical reason for the lack of late night openings. Hopefully with the hotels opening in the south property that should meet whatever threshold that would make it profitable for the parks to stay open late. That was supposed to be VB's big draw for it to be a late night water park. This never really materialized. Yet again it's problem which was hyped, was a great late night show which is non-existent.

Universal does not have a great track record for shows especially for late night ones, which is probably why I'm not very confident in Universal's ability to change their stripes and make a great show. It's why we believe that Universal may just make some Cine Spec update and believe the show is on a new level. Even smaller parks like SeaWorld destroy Universal on its nightly show offerings.
The amount of hotels can't be the main reason why Universal closes early, my local Cedar Fair park (cedar point) stays open usually until 10 and sometimes midnight during the summer, and i would imagine Universal makes A LOT more than any Cedar fair park.

Maybe it's because it's hard to create a soundtrack for a show as well as design the show.

Harry potter seems to be the only franchise in the park that everyone is craving and would be worthy of a nightime show, it also has a great and iconic soundtrack.

The amount of hotels can't be the main reason why Universal closes early, my local Cedar Fair park (cedar point) stays open usually until 10 and sometimes midnight during the summer, and i would imagine Universal makes A LOT more than any Cedar fair park.

Maybe it's because it's hard to create a soundtrack for a show as well as design the show.

Harry potter seems to be the only franchise in the park that everyone is craving and would be worthy of a nightime show, it also has a great and iconic soundtrack.
There is really no reason to go back into the parks at night...A good fireworks show would be a step in the right direction, but they need more

Follow up to what's above.. they did a massive show with pyro at the music plaza stage. No clue why they didn't announce it or didn't mention it when asked about any type of show.

Follow up to what's above.. they did a massive show with pyro at the music plaza stage. No clue why they didn't announce it or didn't mention it when asked about any type of show.
Universal thinks they’re a funny guy eh?

Did someone get a video of it? Or have a good description?

Universal thinks they’re a funny guy eh?

Did someone get a video of it? Or have a good description?
Not my video

I don't think their would be a permanent show here, but there are a ton of buildings to projection map on, just saying...And the lagoon could still have the fountains that go off periodically...Also, this is the farthest away from residential areas...Interesting

They probably hadn't sold out the EVE party yet and didn't want to advertise something objectively better going on that's included with park admission.

My best guess anyway.