New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
anywayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :focus:

I think this water park could really be a good idea. With Wet n Wild having an iffy future, a new park has room to step up in the spotlight. This would also help complete the Universal Resort and strengthen it's reputation as a resort rather than a destination.

As promised another insider reveal: this water island/park will have water rides :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: Anyway with a water park and the new mini-golf this will definitely set UO as a resort in stone.

Chill man... the announcement is in july.. to market it with the movie.

Now I know I should stop, but why would Universal waste millions to add more to the land when the land isn't losing popularity whatsoever? It is basic business 101. Why improve on something when it doesn't need improving?

If Potter 2.0 is announced anytime this year it will be doomed for failure. It will waste Universal's money, dwindle the current appeal, decrease current guest spending, and destroy the longevity of the land. If it is updated this quickly, it will either force the Wizarding World to become a money black hole for Universal or erase the possibility of a future draw with an update.

If Potter 2.0 is announced anytime this year it will be doomed for failure. It will waste Universal's money, dwindle the current appeal, decrease current guest spending, and destroy the longevity of the land. If it is updated this quickly, it will either force the Wizarding World to become a money black hole for Universal or erase the possibility of a future draw with an update.

While I don't think it'll be announced this summer, this post just isn't true. You're never gonna hurt WWOHP's drawing power.

While I don't think it'll be announced this summer, this post just isn't true. You're never gonna hurt WWOHP's drawing power.

Maybe not a lot, but yes, you will get families, especially those coming from out of the country that will just tell themselves, to hold off on coming down until the whole area is complete. I think they have to wait AT LEAST until next year before announcing the expansion.

Maybe not a lot, but yes, you will get families, especially those coming from out of the country that will just tell themselves, to hold off on coming down until the whole area is complete. I think they have to wait AT LEAST until next year before announcing the expansion.

Yea, although I wouldn't be surprised if an announcement came around Christmas time this year, I'm expecting sometime next summer or Christmas 2012.

I wouldn't even IMO expect an announcement for another few years. I reckon announcement around 2013 summer at the very earliest, with it probably been completed around 2015!

So I guess people across the world have had to postpone or cancel trips to California Adventure or Hong Kong Disneyland until there expansions are complete. The percentage of people that would actually postpone trips to Orlando because they are going to add 1 ride, 1 restaurant, and a few more shops to one area in a few years is less than 5%. If new attractions opening in the future caused people to totally postpone trips they wouldn't announce them years in advance. You have to remember the general public is ignorant and have no idea whats coming or whats going on within the resort let alone there own lives. The announcements build up excitement for future visits among guests and most importantly give OrlandoUnited an entire new topic to talk about 24 hours a day. I can't wait to hear, today marks the finishing of the Gringotts facade.

So I guess people across the world have had to postpone or cancel trips to California Adventure or Hong Kong Disneyland until there expansions are complete. The percentage of people that would actually postpone trips to Orlando because they are going to add 1 ride, 1 restaurant, and a few more shops to one area in a few years is less than 5%. If new attractions opening in the future caused people to totally postpone trips they wouldn't announce them years in advance. You have to remember the general public is ignorant and have no idea whats coming or whats going on within the resort let alone there own lives. The announcements build up excitement for future visits among guests and most importantly give OrlandoUnited an entire new topic to talk about 24 hours a day. I can't wait to hear, today marks the finishing of the Gringotts facade.

It really depends on a lot, I think it would be a greater figure then that. A lot of people from Britain can't afford to visit orlando all the time and the WWOHP is a major incentive to come visit orlando with a family. If they did release it and say for example an average middle-class family was planning to visit I believe they would wait until it was fully complete if they hadn't already pre-booked flights etc. I just can't see them announcing anything at all in the immediate future, there would be no benefit for themselves to do so. It would make sense when the crowds start to die down, which we all know is going to take ages!

Thats why I said not a lot of people would be willing to change their plans, but a few familiies here and there who would read up on stuff could possibly decide to wait it out, who knows...

Status
Not open for further replies.