Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New York/Chicago Expansion

When I visited USF in 2002, maintainence worker 'artists' were literally putting incredible detail into the new York Street sets; rubbing cigarette butts and throwing moss and dirt at the walls. We should be setting our expectations at Wizarding World level for everything Universal does, because they can. I don't want to just see Jaws weakly wiggle at me any more. I want a huge Kraken to come out of the lake and EAT JAWS, then get blown out of the water by a full size submarine! I want to be attacked by a huge alien ship in the sky while visiting the War of the Worlds set. Forget dancing cars on Kuka arms; get the tram in an urban street race, with helicopters shooting at us. I want to barely escape large epic outdoor disasters, falling rocks and landslides that lead to an avalanche, bridges crumbling completely into raging rivers, then get carried downtream and sinking to explore an underwater world. Take me to Atlantis or the Center of the Earth with huge wild animatronic creatures. A full western shootout with horseback riders and a huge runaway locomotive. A backdraft warehouse fire! These things that touch every archetypal genre do not become outdated. Universal is gritty and unapologetic, with live actors and things on FIRE, unlike the Mouse House. It's time to embrace our past, welcome the future, and time to expect more.
My gosh...haha. Wanna design a park with me? Lol

This seems much more cleaned up than previously.  No more scaffolding or platforms for dancers?

NYstreet_060615_1.jpg

I believe they are moving them inside Universal Plaza. New tap dance stage and truck setup inside there last week.