Newbie | Inside Universal Forums

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 26, 2014
Arizona
Hi everyone:wave:. We(son and I, hubby staying home)are visiting Universal Studios and IOA at the beginning of June next year. We are both pretty excited:happy:. I usually go to Disneyland:ears: every year because I live in a nearby state. He hasn't been to a theme park since 1994. I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of questions.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Hi everyone:wave:. We(son and I, hubby staying home)are visiting Universal Studios and IOA at the beginning of June next year. We are both pretty excited:happy:. I usually go to Disneyland:ears: every year because I live in a nearby state. He hasn't been to a theme park since 1994. I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of questions.

Mercy, if you go to WDW then you will be overwhelmed by its vastness. When you go to Universal, you will just be overwhelmed by "it". How old is your son? I hope over 10 as there will be no limits on your attractions.

He will be celebrating his 33rd birthday at Universal (staying on property). He hasn't taken a real vacation since we took him to Las Vegas in 2005, because of his job. He already put in his request and it has been approved. We are only going to Universal and IOA, so no WDW for us due to both of us having time constraints. We are interested in the Harry Potter areas of both parks. I have to dig in and start reading the books, as he already has. We also want to visit all the areas of both parks. So, it's a mother and son trip. We can hardly wait.

Everything is booked for our trip. We are both really excited. I'm currently reading the HP books to be ready for Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade. Movies are next. My son has already done both. As we get closer I'm sure I will have some questions.