Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 281 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think this is true. Seems like a fake. Lots of fake stuff comes out around e3 time. But I hope I'm wrong. Lordy..... I hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: Cheezbat
Although the map layout looks very nice I hope it's fake. As an entrance I still want an Akihabara exterior with an entrance through a gamehall. This is still Universal Studios and the pink castle would look out of place.

Really, out of all the games he's been involved with, that's the one you're going to bring up?

I mean, look at how many attractions Universal has made based on films from the guy who made 1941! It's ridiculous!

Nintendo is a huge get for Universal, they're protective of their properties after the awful SMB film, and I'm sure everything will be fine. How will the Kart ride work, especially if it is more physical based than screen? I don't know, I'm not a designer or engineer. But Universal has done great in the past when working closely with someone on an IP, so I have no reason to doubt them now, even if F&F sounds bad.

And who cares how the temporary stage for the groundbreaking looks, it's not like they're going to invest a ton of money or R&D into a fantastic stage that they only need for a few minutes.

It's kind of hard to be so negative about something many people love though when you hardly know the details of what it will be and it's still 3-4 years out.
When every insider both here and on Magic are in agreement that this'll be amazing you just know it will be.
Writing out all the text from the map, some of it is hard to read:

"Mushroom Kingdom" entrance
Princess Peach's Castle
Entry Portal
Retail
Pokemon Training Academy Should be saved for its own land. Also Pokémon doesn't exist in the Mario Universe. Makes my nerd alarm tingle.
Retail
Mario Luigi's Pizza
Koopa Troops Spinning Shells (FLAT RIDE) Why not Yoshi Eggs?
Bullet Bills Flying Ride (FLAT RIDE)
Interactive Gaming
World of Nintendo Superstore Niiiiiice

Kirby's Kid's Playland Yoshi's Island would've been a better choice.
Wet Play Area
Kirby Round Ride (FLAT RIDE)

Donkey Kong Island All kinds of YES!!!
Monkey Mine's Madness Coaster (RIDE)
Kong Jungle Playground

Super Mario World (Multi-level)
No f*n way. I'd die!!!
Super Mario Kart Ride (Ground Level) (RIDE)
Luigi's Mansion Interactive Target Play Area (Mid Level)
Bowser's Koopaling Airship Ride (Upper Level) (RIDE)

Zelda's Kingdom
Hyrule Castle Attraction This deserves a ride on the scale of Mario Kart in its own land. No less.
Kokiri Forest Village
Deku Tree
Interactive Experience

and Character Stage in the middle

3 major rides (Coaster, Mario Kart, hyrule)

4 minor rides

multiple interactive areas, and a big nintendo store, and plenty of kid stuff around to help with the loss of kidzone. (including a wet area)
Thoughts added in red.
Hmm, I like the concepts. . .

If the concept art is legit, I'm glad they're keeping E.T for right now as I'm still a fan in despite of how outdated it actually is.
For now :sneak:
They're real.

They're also very very old. No Zelda.
What is still there?
No Kirby. No Pokemon.
Good. Pokémon needs its own land :)

Reactions: DK745
No Kirby. No Pokemon.
So the plans might still more or less accurate, so perhaps the Zelda portion will be Yoshi instead, and perhaps the Pokemon and Kirby parts were cut to free up more space so that the Mario flat rides have some more room, potentially allowing the Yoshi land to extend a little more downwards? Also, perhaps things were changed after the new land was acquired and the new park became closer to being real?

Reactions: Mike S
Screen-Shot-2017-03-22-at-6.09.13-AM-630x411.png

dutw5Oo.jpg

Dang Spirit was right.......

Because they're both working off the same data.

The art was for the pitch to Nintendo, if I'm not mistaken. And the map was round one conceptualization. I also believe they were, in fact, leaked intentionally several months ago (around the time the moving theater was patented).

Yes, this matches what I heard too, minus the "leaked intentionally" part.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Joel and Mike S
I remember hearing awhile back that the Kirby play area and ride got cut, got real bummed. Then happy when I saw it here... then bummed upon seeing Hyrule there.

I hope Kirby is still included with expansions/in other parks. (Hollywood for instance)

My hope is that the concept has retained that large, open feeling. I'm quite taken with those leaked plans because it seems grand, almost sprawling, and i love the water feature. The new concept art we saw for Japan this week looks great, but it does feel confined. With all those blocky levels, it almost feels like a Mario shopping mall. But from what I can gather, thats only one part of the land, so I'm confident it won't feel so confined when we see the big picture.

Reactions: Frogki