Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 433 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Are you saying this was announced April 23rd 2015? That seems wrong? Very wrong?

May 7th 2015, same day this thread started. Ground breaking on June 7th, 2017. 762 days.

Pandora announced Sept 20th, 2011, ground breaking January 10th, 2014. 843 days.

May 7th 2015, same day this thread started. Ground breaking on June 7th, 2017. 762 days.

Pandora announced Sept 20th, 2011, ground breaking January 10th, 2014. 843 days.

Wrong thread Joe. This is Orlando, not Osaka. You can't say "762 days".
That's a hilarious attempt at justification though.

@brianlo was wrong though by a single day- It's actually worse- It'll be 1,000 days on Jan 31st, not Feb 1st.

Could the delay have anything to do with Super Mario Odyssey being the critical and commercial success that it was? Maybe they are revising the concept to incorporate more of that game as opposed to 3D World? Or maybe I’m just getting too hopeful...

Could the delay have anything to do with Super Mario Odyssey being the critical and commercial success that it was? Maybe they are revising the concept to incorporate more of that game as opposed to 3D World? Or maybe I’m just getting too hopeful...

No. Mario is Mario. The ride is based off of Kart anyway, so there’s nothing that would really change by using Odyssey

Their reasoning makes no sense though. They seem to be trying to imply the permits and early art not matchin being the reason.

From the new Attractions piece:

"There has been no activity since the permits were filed. This is unusual and likely indicative that the plan for Super Nintendo World at Universal Orlando Resort has changed."

Not good enough reasoning for me to believe it. But hey, I'm all for a good speculative article. Heck knows I've written a few in my day.

Don't you know, only the insiders here are right... until they're not, but that's just because "plans are fluid"! :rolleyes:

Everybody is just doing their best. There's communication issues in the company, let alone to these various sources and their friends. I agree things can get a little too bullyish at times. And that's never good. But I'll never blame someone for being wrong when nobody every knows the whole story to begin with.