Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 436 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’m big Nintendo fan but I was honestly more excited about the idea of Kidzone going away AND getting to keep ET. If they decide to build Nintendo elsewhere, I hope we still get something awesome and immersive to replace Kidszone. It’s so Six Flags to me :thumbsdown:

I’m big Nintendo fan but I was honestly more excited about the idea of Kidzone going away AND getting to keep ET. If they decide to build Nintendo elsewhere, I hope we still get something awesome and immersive to replace Kidszone. It’s so Six Flags to me :thumbsdown:
From day one of the Nintendo news I wasn't enamored with them squeezing the land into the Kidzone area. The Nintendo IP deserves more than 6 to 8 acres in a back area of the park. Keep Animal Actors since it's a pretty good kids show and upgrade the rest of the area with Dreamworks stuff. And, as you say, of course keep classic ET. That's where I'm coming from. 14 plus acre Nintendo land in a prime location of the new park would be great, IF they can complete the new park by 2022-2023.

From day one of the Nintendo news I wasn't enamored with them squeezing the land into the Kidzone area. The Nintendo IP deserves more than 6 to 8 acres in a back area of the park. Keep Animal Actors since it's a pretty good kids show and upgrade the rest of the area with Dreamworks stuff. And, as you say, of course keep classic ET. That's where I'm coming from. 14 plus acre Nintendo land in a prime location of the new park would be great, IF they can complete the new park by 2022-2023.

What will expanding the land really do though? If the plans don't add anything substancial, is it worth it to wait?

Reactions: Mike S
Idk man. From what we saw they were doing an amazing job with that space for Mario.
What will expanding the land really do though? If the plans don't add anything substancial, is it worth it to wait?
Yup. If it’s moved and there’s no significant difference from the KidZone plans then I’d rather have it sooner.

Reactions: Andysol
I imagine the people at the company have a lot more information than we ever will.

From what I know of business, budgets needed to be re-examined after the tax law changes.

I believe they knew they had a deal to buy the land from the debt holder for what they own now before the Nintendo deal.

I do not get how we feel they are stalling as they know the timelines projected. I would imagine they would leave KZ open until the last moment, I just do not get how speculation turns that into ‘it is delayed or changed because KZ is still open. If nothing is really going on in Japan...well, I assume one aspect of designing an area for multiple parks is that you learn from the first install to help you on the subsequent installs.

A lot of things can be prefabricated if all the parks have the same layout.

Now, what if the company believes they have all they need to start at the new property, maybe they are confident they will win any legal battles...a lot of these pivots make a lot of sense and Comcast seems rather could at building businesses...I think they know what they are doing, but in no way do I think they are stalling on any of the projects on their plate!

Reactions: JoeCamel
Plenty of Nintendo IP's there to work with.....One of the few negatives that I keep reading about Pandora is that it's tiny and there's not much to do besides the very good FOP and the Navi River ride....Let Universal do Nintendo right utilizing the full scope of their various IP's.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Plenty of Nintendo IP's there to work with.....One of the few negatives that I keep reading about Pandora is that it's tiny and there's not much to do besides the very good FOP and the Navi River ride....Let Universal do Nintendo right utilizing the full scope of their various IP's.
As we’ve seen before Universal has no qualms building multiple lands in different parks. The KidZone plan had three rides which imo is great. They don’t need to stuff every Nintendo IP into the first build.

Reactions: Alicia
To be on a lighter question, if SNW is moved to Gate III, would it be far fetched to think that it will be even more expanded upon for a visual style, or would it try to be similar enough to the USF model, but not a 1:1?

Yes, how horrible of me. It’s all sunshine and rainbows and I’m totally wrong for looking forward to something that just keeps being pushed off into oblivion and then expressing anger over it :rolleyes:
A few years is not oblivion, dude. Get over yourself.
To be on a lighter question, if SNW is moved to Gate III, would it be far fetched to think that it will be even more expanded upon for a visual style, or would it try to be similar enough to the USF model, but not a 1:1?

If it's going to be the anchor land for Park 3, it's definitely going to be bigger than the 8 acres we were expecting

I would "guess" that it would be a more conspicuous exterior since it would probably be in a more prominent location in the new park, and a possibly larger version. The original guess locations of the land in the existing parks are locations that are in backs or corners of the park that aren't highly visible from the park entrances.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
It can't go to the new gate... I was so excited about all the new toilets coming to the KidsZone area we saw in permits! Think about the poor toilets!

The toilets can stay..on the other hand, perhaps it's best to save for the KZ thread; but perhaps we should bring back up that little rumor by @SeventyOne about a Hello Kitty mini-land? Perhaps they are going to take a card out of Osaka, and renovate Kidzone to something similar to Universal Wonderland with Osaka, but with Hello Kitty and IP's to fill in for Sesame Street and Peanuts? Food for thought.

Reactions: Mad Dog
The toilets can stay..on the other hand, perhaps it's best to save for the KZ thread; but perhaps we should bring back up that little rumor by @SeventyOne about a Hello Kitty mini-land? Perhaps they are going to take a card out of Osaka, and renovate Kidzone to something similar to Universal Wonderland with Osaka, but with Hello Kitty and IP's to fill in for Sesame Street and Peanuts? Food for thought.
That would work if indeed, Nintendo doesn't end up here....Come to think of it, the timing of Seventy One's post makes this all seem more interesting. It didn't really makes sense at the time, but now the rumor actually fits. So that may have been good info, it just needed to be taken in context of a "possible" change in Nintendo plans.