Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

I have not seen anyone say that the Southern Project is greenlit. Heck, I'd still call that heavy blue sky as of right now, even with the land acquisitions and the Stan Thomas case.

The southern project was as greenlit as it gets once they bought the property. They didn't spend hundreds of millions and submit building plans just to have more warehouse space. The only thing that can stop that is the lawsuit or the government.

Unless you are specifically talking about SNW in the South Park. Then thats a different conversation.

The southern project was as greenlit as it gets once they bought the property. They didn't spend hundreds of millions and submit building plans just to have more warehouse space. The only thing that can stop that is the lawsuit or the government.

Unless you are specifically talking about SNW in the South Park. Then thats a different conversation.

I would say that while they will be doing something on that southern property, it doesn't mean that Universal has come out on what will be there.

I do think we need to wait till the city hearings, even if I do think a third gate and two hotels come out of this entire thing.

I would say that while they will be doing something on that southern property, it doesn't mean that Universal has come out on what will be there.

I do think we need to wait till the city hearings, even if I do think a third gate and two hotels come out of this entire thing.

No, nothing has been announced, but they don't announce when something is greenlit. To me at least, greenlit means that a project is approved internally and they are moving forward with it. In this case, unless the lawsuit or some government entity stops them, they are going to build a park down there.

Yea. Best thing for Pokémon would probably be a mix of AAs and screens. AAs for franchise favorites, screens to change it up a bit for reridability/new game promotion

You know, we always say this with screen based attractions as a benefit. “It’s great because they can update for promotion, etc”- but it never happens.
Star Tours is it. I can’t think of a single other ride that does it. Why they don’t? I don’t know.
But that’s more “wishful thinking” than what we get in reality. I do agree that it’s what we should get.

You know, we always say this with screen based attractions as a benefit. “It’s great because they can update for promotion, etc”- but it never happens. Star Tours is it. I can’t think of a single other ride that does it. Why they don’t? I don’t know. But that’s more “wishful thinking” than what we get in reality. It’s what we should get, though.

Spider-Man. TSMM.

But they do get updated less frequently than they should.

I kinda wonder if some of the old concepts from SNW 1.0 will be making a return in some form (AKA Bowsers Airship, Spinning Shells, Yoshi flat ride, Kirby's Playland). Luigi's Mansion is already rumored.

Last edited:
As far as I can tell the south Park thing (exclusively) is folks jumping to conclusions in speculation.

:shrug:

There is change happening with the Orlando plans, to as far as I've heard. That said, I am not yet clear on if Mario and his pals are moving locations.

But the one thing that should be looked at, is how it has now seemed that Kidzone is going to stay as it is for right now, with the advent of multiple misc refurbishments across that entire area.

Spider-Man. TSMM.

But they do get updated less frequently than they should.

I don't know if it technically counts since they're new rides but Hanna-Barbara became Jimmy Neutron became Despicable Me. Back to the Future became Simpsons. So they're technically being updated in a way...