Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 578 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not everything gets a land. Hello Kitty was brought up because I suggested a Tokyo area that had a Pokemon land within it a "Tokyo" section with something like Godzilla, Hello Kitty or Blade Runner attractions within the Tokyo area.

Think of the split like London and Diagon. Granted, London at USF is Potter's London, but the point is, Pokemon would get a land of course, but if you had an area with a theme as broad as Tokyo, you don't need to make a Hello Kitty land. Just give it an attraction in the proper land, much like how Fallon is in New York. No need for a whole Tonight Show land because we all know that's completely unnecessary, but a ride in a New York section of a theme park? Sure.

Of course, this is all theoretical and it's really my idealized version of what i'd like to see USF become, but i'm basing it on how USF's lands are mostly based on world famous cities (and also knowing that Pokemon is a likelihood and Godzilla fits in with Universal's targeted demo), I don't think my idea of a Tokyo area is unfounded or something that's all that crazy. I tried to stay realistic.
CrazyER idea.

Close down F&F (wait for it).

Everything from MiB to KidZone (including Simpsons) goes down to become Tokyo. In its place, Pokemon with Safari ride, Pokemart, Pizza-chu, Brock’s Burgers, Kidcoaster, Playground, and Carousel; Sanrio water ride and Ferris wheel; and... last but not least... Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift indoor launch coaster.

Boom.

Reactions: jseal777
CrazyER idea.

Close down F&F (wait for it).

Everything from MiB to KidZone (including Simpsons) goes down to become Tokyo. In its place, Pokemon with Safari ride, Pokemart, Pizza-chu, Brock’s Burgers, Kidcoaster, Playground, and Carousel; Sanrio water ride and Ferris wheel; and... last but not least... Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift indoor launch coaster.

Boom.
Let's close the whole park down while we're at it :lol:

Honestly though, I really think it's just Kidzone that needs to be a focus right now, but if KZ sticks around long enough, I say just take Springfield down along with it. The park will have been deprived of any major additions for a long time if nothing else of note opens at USF before EU.

On F&F real quick - The one good thing that came out of it was a huge show building. Whenever they get around to replacing the ride, they'll have a nice shell to put something in.
Hopefully this is the one big lesson they've learned, is that there should always be a contingency in case the ride is a disaster.

So this Nintendo kick off event in NYC next week on the 19th, what are we excepting exactly? Here are my predictions.

- Opening date given for SNW in Japan
- Confirmed next year for Hollywood, no other specifics.
- Confirmed again for Epic Universe, no date confirmed.
- First concept art for Mario Kart.

Those are my hopes at least, we shall see what we get. Really, praying for some Mario Kart news haha.

Reactions: Mike S
So this Nintendo kick off event in NYC next week on the 19th, what are we excepting exactly? Here are my predictions.

- Opening date given for SNW in Japan
- Confirmed next year for Hollywood, no other specifics.
- Confirmed again for Epic Universe, no date confirmed.
- First concept art for Mario Kart.

Those are my hopes at least, we shall see what we get. Really, praying for some Mario Kart news haha.
I honestly expect our first peek into the interior of the ride, but not much of it.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Probably this. This is a USA thing so nothing about Japan opening date.
This is a worldwide SNW event and they're giving away trips to Japan, so its not like its excluding Japan from this event. Id hope we get more of a secured opening date.

This is a worldwide SNW event and they're giving away trips to Japan, so its not like its excluding Japan from this event. Id hope we get more of a secured opening date.

It's a north american event. I think it's more likely they announced the land for USH than a firm USJ opening date.

It's a north american event. I think it's more likely they announced the land for USH than a firm USJ opening date.
Ya theres a grandprize for a trip to Japan, including inviting like over a thousand people who are potentially winning said trip. Its 100% going to cover Japan. Maybe we don't get a date but of course they're going to cover Japan. This is a "global" kickoff of SNW from what we have heard, I can't imagine that wouldn't include Japan

Reactions: Mike S
Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but i believe the feb 19 event page revealed some of the land’s merch (unless these already exist and can be bought at nintendo stores, though they seem like park merch, especially the keychain as usj sells a ton of keychains because they do so insanely well)CA090941-46A4-4C2B-816E-82BBC366B64E.jpeg