Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 573 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well, there seems to be a drop at the end right? In the early concept art looks like we go down a hill a little bit to get to the finish line. Now “drop” may not be the right word but you see what I’m saying.
That early concept art is outdated and no longer relevant.

EDIT: The original concept had it as two levels, like Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom. But the final version actually has more scenes now, even though it’s all on one level.

Last edited:
That early concept art is outdated and no longer relevant.

EDIT: The original concept had it as two levels, like Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom. But the final version actually has more scenes now, even though it’s all on one level.
More scenes now and shorter track, but that just means the scenes themselves are shorter.

Are the animatronics riding besides you gonna be there from start to finish or show up in different scenes? @Alicia (also thank you so much for all the info)

on another note, I wonder if they’ll play with our minds in the twisted manor but making the room look like we’re on a sideways track with the “floor’ being a wall to the side of us

Reactions: therock
More scenes now and shorter track, but that just means the scenes themselves are shorter.
The building is bigger than the original pitch. The scenes are similar in size, but with more of them now. More importantly, the scenes are far more detailed with more immersive sets than the original pitch.

Once Nintendo got involved in the ride design they moved away from the older game aesthetic and more towards the current version of the games. I think things like Dolphin Shoals and Twisted Mansion are more interesting than only the 4 locales in the initial pitch.

Plus, Rainbow Road is still pretty big and some of the scenes connect so while listed as two, things like Volcano and Lava are part of the same track.

Will there be any elevation changes to the tracks?

I honestly don’t know. Maybe. But not entire levels like the old plans.

They’ll definitely be simulated up/down sections with special effects at least though.

I hope we at least get some banking like in the official concept art!

Second the comments @Alicia - amazing work! :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: therock
There is zero percent chance I will hold of watching a POV until 2023...Absolute zero

Agreed. I think watching the POV when it first comes out from Japan once will be the right move. Scratch that itch, and by the time it pops up in Orlando by 2023ish, you’ll only have a slight recollection of it all.

Reactions: shiekra38