Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 576 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Kid Zone is plenty of space of Pokemon though. Don’t need to gut Springfield for no reason. Really think it goes into EU though. Orlando gets the biggest SNW along with Pokemon and steals Disney people away. Just like they wanted.

I have zero interest in Pokemon, but if it soaks up the crowds so I can get on everything else easier then fine :thumbsup:

For EU I'd much rather see Zelda there on day 1

If I had to guess, I would put money on KidZone for Pokemon. IOA will have just gotten Hagride and Velocicoaster. EU will be all new. But USF will only have had Borne Stuntacular during the EU construction timeline.
Isn’t the jury still potentially out for SLOP to get to USF if reception is good in Hollywood? I’d hope so at least.
Business wise I’ve always rooted for Pokémon at kidzone, I just wanna make sure they have all the room they need to work with.

Isn’t the jury still potentially out for SLOP to get to USF if reception is good in Hollywood? I’d hope so at least.
Business wise I’ve always rooted for Pokémon at kidzone, I just wanna make sure they have all the room they need to work with.
Purely speculative of course
2021 -> JP Coaster (IOA)
2022 -> SLoP (Studios)
2023 -> EU
2024 -> Pokemon? (Studios)

So, IOA will have two fresh offerings and Studios will have two fresh offerings to counter EU

Super Nintendo World was designed to fit into Kidszone. That is a huge plot of land. If they go multi level like SNW it will be even bigger.

Super Nintendo World was designed to fit into Kidszone. That is a huge plot of land. If they go multi level like SNW it will be even bigger.
Well, SNW land wise isn’t large, not a complaint but it’s just true. I could see them going even bigger with Pokémon and having 2 large e tickets, not sure kidzone could fill that. Of course I may be over ambitious though. I’d be happy with it anywhere lol. USF could use this one, though. As much as I kinda want it at Epic opening day but having Epic open in 2023 and this in 2024 is still a major splash.

I cant believe this!! Please let pokemon be at usf please!! I really have a hard time staying over there after diagon mummy and horror makeup:love: My sister is my park companion and she loves usf and I love iOA, this would be a major breath of fresh air over there!

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Put Pokemon into USF and put Zelda into EU. That way, Studios gets the mega land that it needs and Zelda can be fully realized at EU (it couldn't be a roller coaster or water ride at IOA without being redundant to other rides at the same park).

Lets be honest, if IOA really is getting LOTR, then it doesn't need Zelda anyways.
Holy sh*t that is a killer line-up

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
So, if we are hypothetically going to get Pokemon, what would people want exactly? In terms of a land, rides, restaurants (Charmanders Big Fire Grille maybe is real now?) and other interactive experiences.

I personally want Kanto, with my Pokedex being used to catch AA Pokemon all over the land, making the land itself an interactive experience much like SNW although not having many or any "levels" to beat. An E/D ticket boat ride through Kanto, again, catching Pokemon. Can be a more amped up Navii River journey with the focus being on sets and AAs Pokemon. Would be a fun interactive boat ride for sure.

E ticket dark ride that was the original SLOP pitch, except with a Pokemon AA leading your ride vehicle, maybe even Pikachu to have a more direct sell. This time we're being chased by a Pokemon villain (too many to choose from) and we need to collect/protect our Pokemon in order to save Kanto/our Pokemon. Puts us right in the middle of the action, I'm sure there are ways we can make it interactive, Pikachu can help us fight, basically put us in a middle of a Poke battle.

E ticket show in Pokemon arena. Take whatever concept that they are using for Bourne, cancel the speculated Super Smash Bros show and replace it with this. Again, just a bunch of sick tech and watching some Pokemon duel it out.

These are likely very generic and basic thoughts but there are reasons I'm not working for Universal Creative.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Here’s the thing. Universal is building EU to make people spend a week at their resort. Putting Pokemon and SNW in EU isn’t a terrible idea because people will still go to the two other parks. They will buy multiday tickets and go to Diagon and Hogsmeade. It’s not like the other parks are awful and have nothing to visit. If Pokemon is easiest to fit into EU opening day, then do it. Much better to have it sooner than later.
I’d say opposite. If a casual park goer has been to USF since 2014 after Diagon opened (can’t believe it’s been 6 years!), then why go back? Fallon? F&F? Bourne? 2D Minions?

While 2 of those 4 are nice place fillers, there’s nothing that is a major draw. By the time EU opens, USF will have had nothing significant in 9 years.

IOA, on the other hand, will have had 2 in the last 4 years (Hagrid/JP) and 3 in the last 7 (Kong).