Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Switch

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Nintendo's upcoming Console, titled as of the initial thread; the "Nintendo NX" has been getting quite a bit of major outlet's talking about the console and what will happen at launch.

From Eurogamer, it was reported that the NX, would be a Portable Console; using the Nividia Tegera X1 graphic chip but left the door potentially open for the the upcoming graphic chip, the X2. The console would also act with Cartridiges; instead of the disk format's of Blu-Ray and DVD.

(Link: Nintendo NX is powered by Nvidia Tegra technology • Eurogamer.net

And from UK Outlet, MCV; more information has come out of it's launching lineup, bringing IP's from SEGA, Ubisoft, Activision, Square-Enix, and Warner Bros games on-board so far. They also confirmed that the NX would have a Mario Game within the first six months of the release window; much earlier than people expected. And of-course, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild would be releasing with the console on day one.

But the real shock from the report, is that GameFreak is apparently in development on a Pokémon game; for the NX console. There hasn't been an official console Pokémon title that was officially made by Gamefreak; since the GameCube Pokémon titles, which would lead people to assume that they are releasing a console exclusive Pokémon game. It would make sense, as usually; the Pokémon titles release in the early fall season.

They also confirmed Eurogamer's reports; to a hundred percent. And, they also pointed out that the performance of the console, would be within the boundries of the PS3 and PS4. They also intend to market the console to both Smartphone and Tablet Users; but also XBOX One and PS4 Players aswell.

(Link: Pokémon, Mario and Zelda headline NX 'dream' line-up | Games industry news | MCV

If I would to guess; it shouldn't be wrong until we get to see the NX unveiled, and if these rumor's are indeed true.

So in this case; are you guy's excited to see if all these rumors are true? Are you excited about the NX being possibly a Hybrid Console, with the return of cartridges? Sound off below!

I'm remaining cautiously optimistic. I own a Wii U, and for quite some time it's been doing a remarkable job of collecting dust. I've been playing on Nintendo consoles since the NES days so I really want to see them have some success in the home console market, but I'm just gonna have to wait and see what it's all about once it's unveiled. The Pokemon rumor specifically could be exciting, especially if we're looking at a fully fleshed-out regular entry-type Pokemon game on a home console. I could get behind that.

For those wandering if Nintendo was attending TGS; they aren't attending the event this year..
There are rumors swirling about the GameStop Expo right now fueled by this deleted tweet.
ABNflgr.png

Read all the capital letters. He's there presenting for Nintendo or something.

Then these tweets from a supposed reputable source.
BsGzODd.png

1pSyaJ0.png

Info is coming out.
RUMOR - Nintendo developer portal updated in relation to NX | GoNintendo

As you can tell I'm getting antsy along with many other Nintendo fans. The handheld/console rumor seems all but officially confirmed.

There are rumors swirling about the GameStop Expo right now fueled by this deleted tweet.
ABNflgr.png

As you can tell I'm getting antsy along with many other Nintendo fans. The handheld/console rumor seems all but officially confirmed.

... *deep inhale*

What if it's for another console outside of the NX? Keeping in mind, of-course if that's where they may potentially reveal the NX..

... *deep inhale*

What if it's for another console outside of the NX? Keeping in mind, of-course if that's where they may potentially reveal the NX..
Another Nintendo console? The whole rumor seems to be that it'll just be the NX acting as both their next console and handheld. One place with all of their games which I'm looking forward to for that concept alone.

I'm not putting as much faith into this as I do the park rumors that come from certain sources on here and elsewhere. Just giving the latest.

ABNflgr.png

Read all the capital letters. He's there presenting for Nintendo or something.

Then these tweets from a supposed reputable source.
BsGzODd.png

1pSyaJ0.png

Info is coming out.
RUMOR - Nintendo developer portal updated in relation to NX | GoNintendo

Turns out that first guy was trolling. The reason being that he posted a snapchat of Nintendo's stage at the GameStop Expo and then started receiving hateful messages and even death threats along the lines of "you better not be teasing us or lying" so he decided to have fun with it. If that's really the case I don't blame him. Looks like we'll just have to wait just a little longer. Nintendo did say fall this year and fall is far from over. I'm just getting tired of all the rumors and waiting.

Edit: if anything happens this week it'll be the announcement of the announcement.

Last edited:
Turns out that first guy was trolling. The reason being that he posted a snapchat of Nintendo's stage at the GameStop Expo and then started receiving hateful messages and even death threats along the lines of "you better not be teasing us or lying" so he decided to have fun with it. If that's really the case I don't blame him. Looks like we'll just have to wait just a little longer. Nintendo did say fall this year and fall is far from over. I'm just getting tired of all the rumors and waiting.

Edit: if anything happens this week it'll be the announcement of the announcement.

Keven Pereira isn't a troll. I have to assume that whatever he may be teasing, it could just not be relating to Nintendo..which speaking of, perhap's it's best to get back onto the topic of the parks.

Unfortunately yes, it will be the announcement of the announcement. Honestly I think that Nintendo is running out of time. I know the reason they give for not showing it off yet is that they don't want the competition to steal their concept, but at this point, nobody can whip up a similar concept with the Nintendo's quality in less than 6 months.

It makes sense that they'd start making announcements for the NX. Still surprises me. It's not coming out in time for the holidays. Any NX announcements now will just tank their holidays sales because nobody's going to want to buy "old" consoles.

Keven Pereira isn't a troll. I have to assume that whatever he may be teasing, it could just not be relating to Nintendo..which speaking of, perhap's it's best to get back onto the topic of the parks.
He did say that he was just trolling. Although I would love for them to release theme park plans soon, we probably won't get it announced the same way as Nintendo games normally get revealed.

He did say that he was just trolling. Although I would love for them to release theme park plans soon, we probably won't get it announced the same way as Nintendo games normally get revealed.

Once again, it seems from reports midway through this year that we should be looking at the first look of Nintendo with Osaka later in the year (which makes sense). Will we see it coincide with NX plans? Maybe, but we need to wait and see at this point.

There's really nothing else it could be except Xbox Scorpio but I think we won't see that until E3 because it comes out holiday 2017. The biggest news that could come from the industry right now is the NX, which comes out in March.

As to the topic at least we're still talking Nintendo. Plus they could always make the NX interact with the land in some way. I wouldn't put it past them :)
I have to assume when Black Friday comes in November, they are lowering the Wii U's prices permanently to just get rid of any remaining stock of it for the NX to take it's place.
I just wonder what'll happen to the 3DS. Aside from Wii U ports and Pokemon it's not getting much more from Nintendo unless I missed something. I read somewhere that it'll be supported until 2018 but I doubt that. If the NX is a console/handheld all first party development needs to focus on that from now on.

Nintendo is definitely building the biggest suspense ever. Seems the unveil will be a direct, makes the most sense really. I don't trust much of the stuff I have seen concerning NX. I think the hybrid thing may be true, but I think primarily it will be a home console. It seems they afraid of copycats, hence the secrecy, this would make no sense really if it is just a hybrid, there is probably something else. The Tegra chip I can see, but I am sure it would be a brand new iteration (as has been rumored), more importantly, if there is anything to the hybrid thing, it would mean there are games that can be used on the go, while others cannot; reason being that I doubt they would put out an underpowered home console, there is only so much you can put in a handheld because of the passive cooling, and they have patents for supplemental computation, so this could maybe also refer to the base station, and perhaps when you are at home, the handheld plugs into it, and when you are away and have wifi connection, it could connect to the base as well. They said the new Zelda game would look better on NX, so I assume its power must be decent. If itvis a new Tegra chip with the new Pascal GPU, should be good really. They are a smart company, so hopefully they won't fail us.