No more Osborne Lights at DHS? | Inside Universal Forums

No more Osborne Lights at DHS?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aug 31, 2009
A friend of mine told me the Osborne Lights could be be eliminated once they do the big makeover. Anyone know if this is true?

I guess anything is possible. Ill tell you what though, they do that and you can bet they will hear about it from fans. That street is packed full during the event and pretty popular so if anything I could see them just relocating it.

All signs are pointing that Star Wars Land is replacing Streets of America, and if it happens the lights will be gone. They could always move them to Disney Springs.

All signs are pointing that Star Wars Land is replacing Streets of America, and if it happens the lights will be gone. They could always move them to Disney Springs.

I don't see them doing that - unless they figure out a way to charge guests for it

It'll be a huge, huge loss. They need to find a way to salvage them. It's one of the best things in the whole resort. Trouble is, it'd still have to be somewhere in DHS. Maybe MacGyver it around Sunset or something? Mock it up on the old Hunchback theater?

It'll be a huge, huge loss. They need to find a way to salvage them. It's one of the best things in the whole resort. Trouble is, it'd still have to be somewhere in DHS. Maybe MacGyver it around Sunset or something? Mock it up on the old Hunchback theater?

Putting it on Sunset wouldn't work with the Fantasmic crowds.

Real quick. I'm about to be out the door in a second. Off the the top of my head. Animal kingdom, no loud pyrotechnics and a nighttime showcase. Very customizable to each land. Move it here and add a whole bunch of new displays.