No Water from Freestyle Machines | Inside Universal Forums

No Water from Freestyle Machines

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

JoeCamel

V.I.P. Member
May 20, 2015
Upper Lower
Seems UOR might have hired a F&B manager from WDW as they have turned off the free water and ice from the Freestyle machines parkwide. I really didn't think UOR was trying to pry every last cent out of my wallet but to restrict water to the QS counters only after taking my 8 bottles away really chaps my hide.

So now you can only get the small "Courtesy" water cups?

Man that blows. I just purchased a freestyle cup (Which if I knew the benefits of a regular souvenir cup vs freestyle, Id NEVER have bought the freestyle).

I heard something about this being a software glitch on Coke's part? I'm not overly concerned as I will just use the water fountains, but this certainly makes things a little less convenient.

This also really isn't just about free water. I know for me when I activate my cups I use the water to rinse the cups between switching flavors.

Reactions: UNIrd and Joel
So now you can only get the small "Courtesy" water cups?

Man that blows. I just purchased a freestyle cup (Which if I knew the benefits of a regular souvenir cup vs freestyle, Id NEVER have bought the freestyle).

I heard something about this being a software glitch on Coke's part? I'm not overly concerned as I will just use the water fountains, but this certainly makes things a little less convenient.

I waited til today to post when I got confirmation from two GS reps that the water is gone and you can only get water from the QS counters.

Reactions: s8film40
If this was a decision on their part it's really not a smart business move. the more people you put in line for free water the more likely someone looking to purchase a drink is to not want to wait and change their mind. Having a machine dispense free water cost less money than the labor costs of having a TM fill a cup and hand it out.

@JoeCamel When I'm there, ESP in the summer, I usually fill up with ICE Water more than any soft drink or soda, so that absolutely is a bummer for me. Thanks for the heads up.
I hate ice, so for me the water fountains are just as good and actually preferable. Regardless though I don't like them taking this option away, staying hydrated in a hot park is really a safety issue and all parks should be doing everything they can to make it as easy as possible for everyone to get plenty of water.

I hate ice, so for me the water fountains are just as good and actually preferable. Regardless though I don't like them taking this option away, staying hydrated in a hot park is really a safety issue and all parks should be doing everything they can to make it as easy as possible for everyone to get plenty of water.
I'm not a fan UOR water fountains personally. I can drink sips from there o problem but not a cup full. Could it be a move to get more sales though?(Bottle water)

Reactions: JoeCamel
I'm not a fan UOR water fountains personally. I can drink sips from there o problem but not a cup full. Could it be a move to get more sales though?(Bottle water)
Possibly, I know where your coming from but I actually prefer the taste of the water fountains to the bottled water (I know that's strange). Money over safety is never a good business practice though.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Possibly, I know where your coming from but I actually prefer the taste of the water fountains to the bottled water (I know that's strange). Money over safety is never a good business practice though.
Just as you and I have a differences in water , it's why all options are needed in the parks. I'm not a fan of the water bottles over water from the machines So I can understand your point. I Dont know if I want to wait in line for water at the same time.