Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Noah's Ark, Kentucky

It's the Ken Ham pet project. The creationist scientist made famous by the Bill Nye debate a few years ago...They got Patrick Marsh, designer of the 'Jaws' and 'King Kong' attractions on board to design attractions for the company in a goal to make Christian theme parks across the world.

This thing looks pretty impressive. I wouldn't make any special trips to see it or anything but if I were in the area I might want to check it out.

This nonsense isn't worthy of a thread on these fine forums.
It's a themed attraction. I think it's interesting to watch things like this that are outside the box of what we usually see as theme park attractions. There are many applications I could see of something similar to this, especially with Universal expanding so much.

It's a themed attraction. I think it's interesting to watch things like this that are outside the box of what we usually see as theme park attractions. There are many applications I could see of something similar to this, especially with Universal expanding so much.

outside the box? what is outside of the box for you specifically regarding Noah's Ark?

outside the box? what is outside of the box for you specifically regarding Noah's Ark?
It's an attraction based around a replica of a full scale large ship. There hasn't been much done like that. The closest thing that comes to mind to me is the Star Trek attraction that was planned and never built in Las Vegas.
AGP4uzal.jpg

I used to attend university in southern Ohio, between Dayton and Cincinnati (yes I spelled that right the first time) was 'touchdown Jesus', a large statue in front of a church with his hands in the air. Unfortunately the statue was struck by lighting and burned to the ground (IRONY) and replaced with a lamer statue.

King_of_Kings_Statue.jpg

tl;dr souther Ohio and northern Kentucky are weird

I used to attend university in southern Ohio, between Dayton and Cincinnati (yes I spelled that right the first time) was 'touchdown Jesus', a large statue in front of a church with his hands in the air. Unfortunately the statue was struck by lighting and burned to the ground (IRONY) and replaced with a lamer statue.

King_of_Kings_Statue.jpg

tl;dr souther Ohio and northern Kentucky are weird
The closer you get to West Virginia the weirder it gets.