Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

"Old School" Universal Orlando

Somewhere on social media (or possibly this thread) someone was talking about the old school photo ops around the park (Hollywood sign at the Pantages, space shuttle on BTTF etc.) I had mentioned that there was another one from the NY section of the park and people wanted to see it but despite all my googling I couldn't find it. I thought that maybe I had it saved somewhere...
Well today I was tidying up and found some old hard drives and the photo!
Clearly it's from the time Twister was around as you can see the corner of the Aftermath gift shop but I can't find any other examples of this photo op online.

View attachment 16532

IMG_00015 2.JPG

This must have been around summer 96. There's another photo in the group, where I'm wearing a football strip from the 95/96 season.

You can still see the Ghostbusters shop in the corner.

On that subject:

Some pretty cool stuff in this video from 1997:

There's an extended look at the original entrance formation while CityWalk and the parking garages are being built. Also some time spent in the IOA Preview Center, which shows how incredible elaborate and in-depth the displays inside were.

Some pretty cool stuff in this video from 1997:

There's an extended look at the original entrance formation while CityWalk and the parking garages are being built. Also some time spent in the IOA Preview Center, which shows how incredible elaborate and in-depth the displays inside were.

Looking at Earthquake/Disaster, people, who weren't riding it much at its end run, probably never ever thought it would prove many times better than the 'horrible' F&F that replaced it. To say nothing of losing Beetleguice also.

Last edited: