Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oct 13, 2020
This will be my first time going to universal and we were going with a group of friends and we were supposed to be able to go Friday and Saturday for the meetup event, I'm not sure how common these meetups are or if they are worth it but we are having issues already.

We were planning on going to the meetup the December 11th and 12th but something came up and we are 90% sure we cannot make it for the Friday event and were hopping to switch to the one day event ticket. I see on there site that they don't give refunds has anyone had any luck with a situation like this where you want to switch from a two day to a single day ticket? I mean its not our whole group it is only two of us out of 8 people. I called once and they pretty much said no refunds but they will transfer the ticket if we sell it.

Also any info on the event itself would be nice we don't really know what were walking into but it seams like it would be pretty cool from their site.

Thanks for any help I'm hoping not to waste any money.

I'd keep pushing back about a price adjustment or check about selling the ticket. I'd try on their FB group.

What I've heard has always been positive but I personally have never attended one. I also can't vouch for the people who have had a good time.

This will be my first time going to universal and we were going with a group of friends and we were supposed to be able to go Friday and Saturday for the meetup event, I'm not sure how common these meetups are or if they are worth it but we are having issues already.

We were planning on going to the meetup the December 11th and 12th but something came up and we are 90% sure we cannot make it for the Friday event and were hopping to switch to the one day event ticket. I see on there site that they don't give refunds has anyone had any luck with a situation like this where you want to switch from a two day to a single day ticket? I mean its not our whole group it is only two of us out of 8 people. I called once and they pretty much said no refunds but they will transfer the ticket if we sell it.

Also any info on the event itself would be nice we don't really know what were walking into but it seams like it would be pretty cool from their site.

Thanks for any help I'm hoping not to waste any money.
Have you spoken to them directly? That would be the best route and I have heard of adjustments being made. I have been to a few and I cannot think of a better way to make your first visit.
I have always felt I got great value for my money, from the night Taylor announced the launch of the site in the Navigator's Club to renting both parks with 99% of the rides available plus entertainment and photo ops. Little to no lines and all the good food you care to eat it can be a very special night. Enjoy and contact Orlando Informer directly to see about an adjustment or a suggestion how you can sell the ticket.

Good luck with that. Taylor is a not very good at customer service. Not a clue about life, and things happen. He could do a better job at the ticketing part of the event, but is clueless. He gave me "some" flexiblity to change the name to another user, but NO REFUND, NO WAY! Its ok. Over priced, but having no lines is cool. Do your research, for the food option. And if anyone needs a electric wheelchair... for any reason, request one, I was not charged, cause I was there for the event. I actually tried to sell my tickets when he gave me flexiblity on the name change, and told everyone "buyer beware". I was not that impressed.

Last edited:
Haven't attended personally, but I am in the Facebook Community page that Orlando Informer runs, and just recently saw Taylor offer complimentary tickets to a member who was going through some tough times. Not the first time I've seen it either. I think they run a solid operation there, and if you take advantage of everything the event has to offer (food, rides, etc.) for the duration of the night, it seems like you can make it worth the money.

As for reviews, there's a handful of vlogs on YouTube if you search for the event name. Should give you a good glimpse of what you're walking into.