Orlando Weather - May | Inside Universal Forums

Orlando Weather - May

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 21, 2013
Hey Guys,

Having some anxiety over my trip this weekend to Universal. I see the weather completely turned and it’s now saying rain, thunderstorms and downpours Saturday and Sunday. Our plan was to do Volcano Bay on Saturday and the parks on Sunday. Seems like there is no right or wrong answer, but I also have heard Florida weather in the spring/summer is fickle and changes on a whim.

Should I be expecting rain all or most of the day? Or will it most likely be fast and furious (no pun intended) and something to not worry about? Just trying to figure out if we should forego our pool/Volcano Bay day completely.

Any advice from the locals? :)

Not a local, but I do go every year in May for 10 to 20 days. (and the Fall also). I can only recall two days on vacation that it ever rained all day. But, often there's been rain in the afternoon, usually around 3 or 4, that will last for a hour or two. If it looks like there will be rain in the forecast, I'll usually do the hotel pool in the morning, since it seems that's generally the sunniest part of the day, and try to take the water taxi to the parks before the rain starts, since there's more to do in the parks when it's raining then there is anywhere else on property. USF is better than IOA when it's raining.

Reactions: JoeCamel
They've been giving that same rain forecast one or two days each week for a while now, but it never seems to rain (and we desperately need it!). I wouldn't worry too much. The "rainy season" doesn't start until mid-late May.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life