Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Other Hotels

I dont understand that your a adult at 18 but you can't drink or check in a hotel but you can buy smokes and go to war, this country is F'ed up.

Finally found a hotel that was cheap and pretty close, right next to MovieLand. The Rodeway Inn.

Staying on a budget and just really need a place to pass out everynight.

Bump: The Sequel

I just learned that, in the third week of June, we're coming back up to Orlando... for the entire week. :happy: Since Disney no longer accepts Interval International points (we're Hyatt Vacation Club members, and I guess Interval hotels accept their points), we now found ourselves going off-property for the first time in years, not to mention that it'll be reasonable to spend some time in Universal as well. This allows us to save lodging money, but I have just a question about the off-property hotel in question:

Has anyone stayed (or knows somebody who stayed) at the Sheraton Vistana Resort? I looked on Allears for user reviews, and they're evenly split-one gives it a 10/10, praising the service, and another would give it a 2/10, criticising the rooms themselves. Anybody want to help out? Oh, and a strategy for how to spend the week would be nice too (I'm thinking maybe 4 days at Disney and 2 at Universal). :)

What!?!? and ignore Sea World? Manta will be open by then.

Trip Advisor has the Sheraton Vistana at about a 4 star. So it should be really nice. And with the kitchen you should be able to save on breakfasts and such. The main pool area looks cool. The people who rated it low complained about things like the maids did show up one day. But if I am not mistaken at vacation timeshares, don't the maids come every couple of days instead of everyday? It is a huge complex and there are only 2 pools, one qite a bit smaller than the other, so the pools may be a bit crowded in June.
But all things considered, you should really enjoy the place.
Oh, and Trip Advisor has TONS of reviews.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...ages_International_Drive-Orlando_Florida.html

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, dyates. Disney and Universal are the priorities, heck, we might even go to one of the Disney waterparks! :lol: Plus, HTR looks better. :boxing:

Hey Roodles, when you were over I remember you mentioned the Castle Hotel.

Here's an update . . .

CastleHotel-001.jpg

CastleHotel-002.jpg

CastleHotel-004.jpg

CastleHotel-003.jpg

Press release --> THE KESSLER COLLECTION UNVEILS THE CASTLE HOTEL AS ITS NEWEST AUTOGRAPH COLLECTION PROPERTY

Thanks Bob :wave:

I actually stayed there a couple of trips back, it was a nice hotel in a good location at a reasonable price. Nice to see they are looking after this place, I may well have to book a stay so I can check out what they did with the interior and pool area.

Thanks for the update Bob, its great that I come here and upto date with whats happening away from the parks.

A video I put together of the Hyatt Regency Orlando (former Peabody Orlando), absolutely amazing accommodations. Please check it out.

[video=youtube;eV6yx_JxgTY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV6yx_JxgTY[/video]

Parking tax was stupid, everything else was really awesome. It's definitely a splurge or money sort of hotel. I think if I plan on splurging again I'm going to go for Club Level as it has many more amenities built into it. But, the happy hour was one of the better ones. If you're on I-Drive just go to the bar and get $5 drinks. They're made with Grey Goose and other top shelf.